Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

If Iowa wins they will just think of us as their little brother (or bitch) just like Wisconsin does.  We can claim them as a rival all we want, but until we start winning games, that is exactly what we will be.

We beat them 3 out of the first 4 times we played them after we joined the B1G.

They took advantage of the Riley years.  Who didn't?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Emphatically NO!!!!! And they never will be .....When Iowa wins at least 1 Natty, let alone our 5 Natty's, and approaches anywhere near our 900 +wins or anywhere close to our 53 Conference titles,  then we can maybe have a discussion. Same thing goes for Wisconsin for that matter. 

I know I'm the arrogant Husker fan .... it's cool I'll gladly wear that hat. Someone in the fanbase has to be it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sat next to some Iowa fans today. Asked them if they felt it was a rivalry. First thing they said - you guys haven't beaten us in four or five years, right?  So not really. 

Then one of them said that it seems like it's more a rivalry on social media, with fans going back and forth a lot. But at home, they don't see it that way.

And I think that's a really good take on it.  I think people get a skewed impression of how hot the dislike is between the fan bases online, but in daily life, they're more interested in their traditional Big Ten rivalries.

I think for Nebraska fans, with them having kept us from going to a bowl game, there are going to be a lot more people on board with #IowaHateWeek

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...