Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Let's start some unsubstantiated rumors:

Barta was the "full time employee on the UI athletics department" that was found to be betting on sports

and

Kirk has the inside track to be the next AD.  And then Kirk would name Brian the HC.

This is true.  I know this because I read it on the internet.

Wow, pulling up a clip from the last century? What was that, 3,4,5 head coaches ago? How many AD's have you been through? What is the Husker record since then? The oldest player on the team was not even born yet! Yea, I can see why you went back that far!

Most people that I know are glad to see Barta retire, and I do believe that, in part, it did have to do with a few lawsuits over the past 5 years or so that he did not handle very well. Hopefully the new AD will bring some new insights to move the Hawkeye program forward.

I still hope that Coach Ruhl gets the job done. We have heard discussion about Neb getting booted from the Big 10, and nobody in Iowa would be in favor of that. Word has it that the ONLY thing keeping Neb in the Big 10 is the fan support. It does take good fans to support a team that has been an absolute dumpster fire for over 20 years and has brought very little to the Big 10 (remember when "Frosty" was going to "bring it" to the Bog 10?"

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Most people that I know are glad to see Barta retire, and I do believe that, in part, it did have to do with a few lawsuits over the past 5 years or so that he did not handle very well. Hopefully the new AD will bring some new insights to move the Hawkeye program forward.

Excellent rationalization work right here, fellas.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

I still hope that Coach Ruhl gets the job done. We have heard discussion about Neb getting booted from the Big 10, and nobody in Iowa would be in favor of that. Word has it that the ONLY thing keeping Neb in the Big 10 is the fan support. It does take good fans to support a team that has been an absolute dumpster fire for over 20 years and has brought very little to the Big 10 (remember when "Frosty" was going to "bring it" to the Bog 10?"

Careful now @CyHawk the truth hurts and most on here don't like it when it's spoken. As for the fans, we are well aware of the lack of success in the men's programs and know how little the Men's programs have contributed. Mostly because of their own demise but a biased against us also exists. (Scheduling and Officiating) As a Hawkeye fan you should know better than most because it was Iowa for years getting the shaft on horrendous officiating. (The holding calls, my gosh the holding calls) It used to be that going into any B1G Ten Iowa football game a fan knew they'd have a penalty at a crucial time. Unsure why that was but even as an outsider watching I knew it was happening. 

The B1G is likely considering giving the Huskers the boot (something I've not heard) but the B1G also knows the impact that would have on fan contributions via pay sites so yes, you may be right. The husker administration may have heard these rumors and it might be why they constantly talk about their commitment to and loyalty to the B1G Ten. I, like you, think Rhule is Nebraska's last chance. Start contributing or get the boot. I mean for Pete's sake.. they haven't even managed to be bowl eligible in how many years now? Horrendous!!!

2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

Wow, pulling up a clip from the last century? What was that, 3,4,5 head coaches ago? How many AD's have you been through? What is the Husker record since then? The oldest player on the team was not even born yet! Yea, I can see why you went back that far!

Is this better?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4762pfgy0jfjh90lt0r2

Funny how you ended the quote without including the parenthese part. (You know, the "this is where I stand part) You couldn't negate anything I said as false so you do what our biased fake journalists do every day here in this most censured country in the world and quote to mislead. Shame!!

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Funny how you ended the quote without including the parenthese part. (You know, the "this is where I stand part) You couldn't negate anything I said as false so you do what our biased fake journalists do every day here in this most censured country in the world and quote to mislead. Shame!!

Rebuking someone for quoting you out of context by making ridiculous claims.

Seems legit.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1