How much of Frost’s system is UCF using this year?

cheekygeek

Frost really isn't running some unicorn offense.  You could look coast to coast and find teams doing similar things.

What UCF and Heupel  are benefiting most from is the culture Frost built.  Their staff is probably just as smart scheme wise as Frost's.  What UCF and the new staff is benefiting from is great culture, talent and a great QB that were built by the previous staff.

• Plus1 1

I agree with pretty much everything @Moiraine has said so far in this thread.

13 hours ago, Toe said:

You know what, let's go ahead and give Heupel credit where it's due. A new head coach can easily run things off the rails in year one - you all remember Riley and Callahan's first seasons, right?

Heupel certainly deserves credit but @ColoradoHusk brings up a very valid point. The real test of his skills will come in years 3-4 after Frost's players have filtered out and Heupel's culture sets in. As I rack my memory, I can think of several examples of a head coach who did well after taking over for a coach who wasn't fired but either retired or took a new gig: Chizik, Helfrich, Miles.

22 hours ago, Moiraine said:

You can win that many games in a row with less talented players than 50% of power 5 teams if your SOS is in the bottom 5%, if your players are more talented than any other team in your conference and you have really good coaching. 

I’m guessing they have a few players that would start for us on each side but that doesn’t mean they have more talent overall. We probably have a few players on each side that would start on top ten teams. Our problem was coaching, not talent, and we’ve improved a ton throughout this season so our players many were saying weren’t talented are starting to look pretty damn good.

While I realize this doesn't exactly answer the question with regards to whether or not UCF has more overall talent, we do know we have a starter on defense that was not going to be a starter on the UCF defense.  Another thing to consider is what one's opinion as to how Chinander compares to Randy Shannon.  IMO at this moment in time, Shannon is simply a better defensive coordinator than Chinander.  This isn't a knock at all on Chinander as I see Randy Shannon as one of the best defensive coordinators out there.  Chinander may very well get there, but as of right now he just doesn't have the experience of Shannon.