How Liberal Am I?

I've been called a libtard. Some of my best friends are libtards. Some of my best friends are also the guys calling me a libtard. 

When Anne Coulter describes liberals, I don't like them either. But I also don't recognize them. They're cartoons. 

It occurs to me that we can't be polar opposites. So here are some qualities I have that have traditionally been conservative:

• I don't spend money I don't have. Credit is a very temporary condition. 

• In general, I hate being dependent on others.

• Take responsibility for your actions. Don't blame others. Don't play victim. 

• Accept the truth even when it's inconvenient. Political Correctness can be polite, but it shouldn't promote falsehood to protect someone's feelings. 

• Long term solutions over short-term gratification. 

• Conservation = good.

• Competition = good.

• People can be as stupid as they want in the privacy of their own home.

• I recoil at the sight of Hillary Clinton.

So why am I not even close to voting Republican? 

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've been called a libtard. Some of my best friends are libtards. Some of my best friends are also the guys calling me a libtard. 

When Anne Coulter describes liberals, I don't like them either. But I also don't recognize them. They're cartoons. 

It occurs to me that we can't be polar opposites. So here are some qualities I have that have traditionally been conservative:

• Accept the truth even when it's inconvenient. Political Correctness can be polite, but it shouldn't promote falsehood to protect someone's feelings. 

• Conservation = good.

• Competition = good.

Democrats think of others 

Republicans think of themselves

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

• Conservation = good.

• Competition = good.

Because Republicans are almost none of those things that you listed. They've somehow curated the image that they are, but it's nowhere near reality.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

• Conservation = good.

• Competition = good.

As a life long Republican....(used to be)......I can honestly say......not one of those items you listed pertains to anything Republican anymore except the bolded.

• Plus1 3

R vs D is the difference between "saying" you're about something and actually living life and holding others accountable for what you said was important.  Somehow R's say all these things and then nobody cares or calls them out when they don't align after the fact.

Ex. 1 - I thought we were going to see a big tax cut for the regular people sometime prior to the election?  Daddy told us that.

• Plus1 1

I agree it's all an image and I'm not sure how non Republicans can shake it. They have somehow gotten this reputation that they take care of the blue collar country folk. I've talked to a couple acquaintances who are fully brainwashed and I don't think anything will ever change their minds.