Nebrasketball Game #5- Texas Tech (Hall of Fame Classic): Tuesday, November 20- 8:30 (ESPN2)

What will the game result be?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Texas Tech win by single digits
    • Texas Tech win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2018 at 02:47 AM

3 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Those 1 game slumps are pretty concerning

Lol right.  He will have a huge game tonight imo.  He knew he was off so his 2nd half game was very unselfish, dishing assists after he’d drive when normally he would probably go up and get a basket or get fouled.  I think he’ll be aggressive tonight.  This team seems to always play up/down to its competition so I think the intensity will be great tonight.  

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Lol right.  He will have a huge game tonight imo.  He knew he was off so his 2nd half game was very unselfish, dishing assists after he’d drive when normally he would probably go up and get a basket or get fouled.  I think he’ll be aggressive tonight.  This team seems to always play up/down to its competition so I think the intensity will be great tonight.  

It's been a solid "team" start to the year.  Glynn looks like he is getting past last year.  IC was fired up 2 games ago when one of the other players had that dunk and then the next game JP gives those nice dishes.  Keep it up!!!

20 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

39% from the field and 19% from 3

So far this year he is averaging the same number of Field goal attempts but is making about .7 less. The biggest difference is he is averaging 2.3 more 3 point attempts but making the same amount. Palmer is a streaky shooter so it shouldnt be shocking his numbers are a bit light to start the year. If this is still happening 15 games in, we can have more concerns.

His assists, blocks and steals are all up. Rebounds is down slightly. Turnovers are also down.

Pts per game are higher. 

While Missouri State game wasnt pretty, I think he could have turned it on if he wanted to like he did against Seton Hall. He started 0 for 8 against Seton Hall and then finished 7 for 12.

Palmer put them on his back but again I dont think he will have to do that.

Yes, we need a better start out of him against teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue and so on but we have other guys that can pick him up.

This isnt the Petteway teams. We have legit scorers. Palmer needs to improve his shooting from the field but always can drive the lane when that doesnt work.

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

So far this year he is averaging the same number of Field goal attempts but is making about .7 less. The biggest difference is he is averaging 2.3 more 3 point attempts but making the same amount. Palmer is a streaky shooter so it shouldnt be shocking his numbers are a bit light to start the year. If this is still happening 15 games in, we can have more concerns.

His assists, blocks and steals are all up. Rebounds is down slightly. Turnovers are also down.

Pts per game are higher. 

While Missouri State game wasnt pretty, I think he could have turned it on if he wanted to like he did against Seton Hall. He started 0 for 8 against Seton Hall and then finished 7 for 12.

Palmer put them on his back but again I dont think he will have to do that.

Yes, we need a better start out of him against teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue and so on but we have other guys that can pick him up.

This isnt the Petteway teams. We have legit scorers. Palmer needs to improve his shooting from the field but always can drive the lane when that doesnt work.

There is a reason Nebraska is a mere 1.5 point favorite.  TTU is a legit defensive team.  Nebraska hasn't faced anyone quite like this.  So if JPJ struggles, it will likely be more difficult for the other guys to pick up the slack.  

I'm not suggesting Nebraska is going to lose.  But Palmer is going to have to play better this game for them to win.

If I'm wrong, I'll own it.