Nebrasketball Game #5- Texas Tech (Hall of Fame Classic): Tuesday, November 20- 8:30 (ESPN2)

What will the game result be?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Texas Tech win by single digits
    • Texas Tech win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2018 at 02:47 AM

7 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

There is a reason Nebraska is a mere 1.5 point favorite.  TTU is a legit defensive team.  Nebraska hasn't faced anyone quite like this.  So if JPJ struggles, it will likely be more difficult for the other guys to pick up the slack.  

I'm not suggesting Nebraska is going to lose.  But Palmer is going to have to play better this game for them to win.

If I'm wrong, I'll own it.

• Plus1 1

I had really hoped to see the Huskers do something different on offense this year.  Again this year it's more of the same. Pass to the wing, pass to the corner or back to the point. 4 guys stand or they do a 3 man weave out top till it's late in the shot clock.  None of our guys understand a mismatch down low. We catch the ball and wait 5 seconds, dribble awhile and two defenders come over to help so then you try to get a shot off.  Roby tonight played like he doesn't have a clue. I fear some of the Big 10 teams will steal our lunch money and give us a wedgie.

• Plus1 2

We just didn't compete and had an off night. I am surprised Heiman didn't play some either. It is early and sometimes it takes getting punched in the mouth to come back to reality. Roby needs to play with much better confidence if he wants any shot at the NBA. Time to regroup and get back at it. If we can get double-digit wins by the end of 2018 we will be fine. 

24 total minutes and 3 points off the bench.  If Palmer isn't in foul trouble he probably plays 12-ish more minutes which means probably 12 minutes from the bench.  We have absolutely no depth.

We were told by some that we shouldn't read too much into the poor three-point shooting during the early games.  Despite the fact that we've been a poor three-point shooting team since Miles got here.  Oddly enough, we are still a poor three-point shooting team.  Yet Miles is looking for us to take a lot of them.

A 3:7 assist-to-turnover ratio is ... less than ideal.  And I'm pretty sure we had four assists in about the first five minutes of the game.  Two assists in the last 35-ish minutes of the game.  Love that Miles offense.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

24 total minutes and 3 points off the bench.  If Palmer isn't in foul trouble he probably plays 12-ish more minutes which means probably 12 minutes from the bench.  We have absolutely no depth.

We were told by some that we shouldn't read too much into the poor three-point shooting during the early games.  Despite the fact that we've been a poor three-point shooting team since Miles got here.  Oddly enough, we are still a poor three-point shooting team.  Yet Miles is looking for us to take a lot of them.

A 3:7 assist-to-turnover ratio is ... less than ideal.  And I'm pretty sure we had four assists in about the first five minutes of the game.  Two assists in the last 35-ish minutes of the game.  Love that Miles offense.

I say it every year - I will not write this team off this early. But damnit, I can not envision a scenario where a Tim Miles team wins a tournament game. The only time I've ever seen his offense work consistently against good teams is when Petteway played out of his mind for a 20 game stretch. Hopeful yet very skeptical on this season.

• Plus1 1

Texas Tech was way better than I thought. Mooney turned it on and we didnt have an answer.

Teams will continue to sink into the paint until we prove we can hit open 3's.

I thought the team took a turn this year but this was the exact same as last year and exactly how @StPaulHusker said earlier.

Palmer was bad and no one else took a stand. Copeland tried. Watsons shot looked like last years.

It is one game. No need to panic but we need to react better when a team punches us in the mouth defensively. We had open shots in the first half and missed them. Texas Tech took our soul in the second half and every time we got the ball they had a hand in our face. No movement allows them to do that. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

First poorly played game & the wolves come out 

Yup. It was one of those games that brings every bad memory from the Miles era.

We still struggle to run an offense but I like the guys on this team. I truly feel like we can still compete but we need to self scout.

Texas Tech is one of the better defenses we will see all year but there will be better teams.

Frustrating but lets shake it off and move on.

I still believe this is a tournament team.

• Plus1 3

This isn't a killer loss.  Tons of opportunities ahead of this squad.

With that no matter what this team does Miles ain't the answer.  He has put two talent rich rosters together in 7 years and they succeed despite him.  No real offense other than hero ball, 2/7 years with no real shot after this season is enough to ship him off.

And I could still see this squad winning a game or two in the tourney.  I'd still dump Miles.

23 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

This isn't a killer loss.  Tons of opportunities ahead of this squad.

With that no matter what this team does Miles ain't the answer.  He has put two talent rich rosters together in 7 years and they succeed despite him.  No real offense other than hero ball, 2/7 years with no real shot after this season is enough to ship him off.

And I could still see this squad winning a game or two in the tourney.  I'd still dump Miles.

I think this is what frustrates me most in the Miles era.  I think this is a pretty solid team and it drives me crazy thinking what they could be with better coaching.  

• Plus1 1