Class of 2019 In-Home Visits

Mavric

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

That’s awesome, and funny. He must have been shaking his head the whole flight to Atlanta asking himself what he got himself into:lol:

2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not to be a dick, but why would he? I'm sure he's reached out personally but this is a business trip, I doubt he's using it to meet with former players.

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Yep.  There are NU donors who will donate their own private planes or private plane hours (NetJets) to the football team to be used for football recruiting.

The big change a few years ago happened when they changed the travel arrangements for the recruits themselves.  Schools used to be able send private jets to go pick up recruits, but now the recruits have to fly commercial for official visits.

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you mean if he happens to be driving by the hospital that Milton is at or in the area as in Florida? or perhaps within a certain predetermined number of miles? :zoom 

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

I was not discussing him flying across the country, he happens to be in Georgia which is a border state of Florida (which both of us know)