Jump to content
Mavric

Class of 2019 In-Home Visits

Recommended Posts

Commits

QB Luke McCaffrey - Nov 25: Frost, Walters, Verduzco, Austin

RB Ronald Thompkins - Nov 27: Frost, Beckton

RB Rahmir Johnson - Nov 27: Dawson; Dec 3: Frost, Held, Dawson

WR Jamie Nance - Nov 25: Walters

WR Darien Chase - Nov 27: Walters

TE Chris Hickman - Nov 29: Ruud

OT Bryce Benhart - Dec 2: Frost, Austin

OT Michael Lynn - Nov 25: Frost, Walters, Verduzco, Austin, Ruud

OT Matthew Anderson - Nov 29: Frost, Austin; Dec 5: Held

DT Tony Fair - Nov 26: Held

DE Mosai Newsom - Nov 26: Dawson; Dec 5: Frost

LB Nick Henrich - Nov 29: Ruud

LB Garrett Nelson - Nov 25: Frost, Ruud, Walters, Verduzco, Austin

LB Jackson Hannah - Nov 27: Ruud; Dec 4: Frost, Ruud

LB Jamin Graham - Nov 28:

B Javin Wright - Nov 25: Chinander, Fisher

DB Quinton Newsome - Nov 27 - Frost, Beckton, Fisher

 S Myles Farmer - Nov 26: Frost, Beckton, Fisher

 

Targets

RB John Bivens - Nov ??: Held

WR Wandale Robinson - Nov 27: Held

WR Winston Wright - Nov 28: Frost; Dec 4: Walters

OT Jeremy James - Nov 27: Frost, Austin, Beckton, Fisher

OT Jimmy Fritzsche - Nov 28: Frost, Austin

DE Ty Robinson - Nov 28: Chinander, Dawson

DE Nick Figueroa - Nov 27: Chinander

DE Smith Vilbert - Nov 27: Frost, Dawson

DE Brant Banks - Nov 29; Frost, Dawson, Austin

DE Smith Vilbert - Dec 3: Frost

LB Lloyd Summerall - Nov 27: Dewitt

LB Dru Mathis - Nov 26: Dewitt

LB Vic Viramontes - Nov 27 - Chinander

LB Amare Barno - Nov 29:

LB Brandon Mack - Dec 4: Chinander, Dewitt

DB Tavian Mayo - Nov 26: Frost

LB Brandon Mack - Nov 29: Chinander

CB Nehemiah Pritchett: Nov 29: Chinander

 S Noa Pola-Gates - Nov 28: Chinander, Fisher, Verduzco

 S Jamel Starks

 

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snowbird said:

Gates/Robinson pushed back to Wednesday. I’m sure so frost can make it but I’m not sure. Headed to LA to see some LBs don’t know who. 

as in Los Angeles or as in the boot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowbird said:

California I believe 

Dru Mathis JUCO LB is located in Ventura just outside of Los Angeles and he visited for MSU game officially....that is my guess 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Question out of curiosity: Do any/all of the coaches fly commercial for any of these visits or do they charter a fleet??

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

That’s awesome, and funny. He must have been shaking his head the whole flight to Atlanta asking himself what he got himself into:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I wonder if Frost will visit Milton.

Not to be a dick, but why would he? I'm sure he's reached out personally but this is a business trip, I doubt he's using it to meet with former players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

I really hope we make a push for Owen Pappoe.

 

I suppose it could always change if Malzahn is fired,  but I think that ship has sailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not to be a dick, but why would he? I'm sure he's reached out personally but this is a business trip, I doubt he's using it to meet with former players.

 

 

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Yep.  There are NU donors who will donate their own private planes or private plane hours (NetJets) to the football team to be used for football recruiting.

 

The big change a few years ago happened when they changed the travel arrangements for the recruits themselves.  Schools used to be able send private jets to go pick up recruits, but now the recruits have to fly commercial for official visits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

He said...”if he’s in the area”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

He said...”if he’s in the area”. 

do you mean if he happens to be driving by the hospital that Milton is at or in the area as in Florida? or perhaps within a certain predetermined number of miles? :zoom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you mean if he happens to be driving by the hospital that Milton is at or in the area as in Florida? or perhaps within a certain predetermined number of miles? :zoom 

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

I was not discussing him flying across the country, he happens to be in Georgia which is a border state of Florida (which both of us know) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

 

 

I assumed it was brought up because he would he in Florida at some point. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

I assumed it was brought up because he would he in Florida at some point. 

I saw that Frost was going to be in Georgia so I thought he might swing down there for a quick pop in.  Reports are that Milton is in good spirits and now that I think about how bad traffic is in Orlando, I’m guessing he won’t unless he can helicopter between airport and hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, alot of them say a home visit was Held but doesn't say who was there. Is the information not available or what???:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C N Red said:

So, alot of them say a home visit was Held but doesn't say who was there. Is the information not available or what???:D

It's being Held up.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

I guess I just thought the hospital Milton was in is pretty far out of the way, just complete speculation on my end though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×