Jump to content
Mavric

Class of 2019 In-Home Visits

Recommended Posts


10 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Question out of curiosity: Do any/all of the coaches fly commercial for any of these visits or do they charter a fleet??

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Frost might but last year I ran into Verdusco in the Charleston, SC airport flying business/first class to Atlanta shortly after being hired. Three people in our family walked up (wearing Nebraska gear of course) and introduced ourselves. You could tell he was absolutely shocked to see Nebraska fans knowing who he was so soon after being hired. Welcome to Nebraska!

That’s awesome, and funny. He must have been shaking his head the whole flight to Atlanta asking himself what he got himself into:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I wonder if Frost will visit Milton.

Not to be a dick, but why would he? I'm sure he's reached out personally but this is a business trip, I doubt he's using it to meet with former players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

I really hope we make a push for Owen Pappoe.

 

I suppose it could always change if Malzahn is fired,  but I think that ship has sailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not to be a dick, but why would he? I'm sure he's reached out personally but this is a business trip, I doubt he's using it to meet with former players.

 

 

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

It’s a special circumstance and Frost is likely closer to QBs he’s coached than any other former players. If he’s in the area it wouldn’t be odd for him to stop by.

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I haven't seen anything specific this year but they are almost always flying private for recruiting.

Yep.  There are NU donors who will donate their own private planes or private plane hours (NetJets) to the football team to be used for football recruiting.

 

The big change a few years ago happened when they changed the travel arrangements for the recruits themselves.  Schools used to be able send private jets to go pick up recruits, but now the recruits have to fly commercial for official visits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

He said...”if he’s in the area”. 

do you mean if he happens to be driving by the hospital that Milton is at or in the area as in Florida? or perhaps within a certain predetermined number of miles? :zoom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you mean if he happens to be driving by the hospital that Milton is at or in the area as in Florida? or perhaps within a certain predetermined number of miles? :zoom 

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You said “out of the way to Florida” like people expect him to fly from California to Florida to see him. That’s not what was being discussed. 

I was not discussing him flying across the country, he happens to be in Georgia which is a border state of Florida (which both of us know) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

wouldnt it be more vital to get a leg up on recruiting instead of going out of the way to Florida? 

 

 

I assumed it was brought up because he would he in Florida at some point. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...