Nebrasketball Game #6- Western Illinois: Saturday, November 24- 1:00 (BTN+)

What will the game result be?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Western Illinois win by single digits
    • Western Illinois win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 07:51 PM

Miles pounds and pounds the notion that you have to be able to shoot/make 3’s to have the best chance of winning, however, we simply are not a good 3 point shooting team.  Never have been, and while it doesn’t matter in games like today it will result in quite a few L’s against good teams this year.  The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.  Our strengths are driving and mid range with Copeland, Watson.  Keep chucking up 20 3’s a game and enjoy to NIT.  

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Really haven't figured out why anyone plays us man-to-man over the last 5-6 years....

I think its just that some coaches love man to man defense. That is their bread and butter so why change it for one game? Especially if we for some reason were to figure it out, the coach just wasted time installing it and they switch back to man. It is a long season and so coaches like to do what they believe in rather than change something mid-season for one game.

5 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think its just that some coaches love man to man defense. That is their bread and butter so why change it for one game? Especially if we for some reason were to figure it out, the coach just wasted time installing it and they switch back to man. It is a long season and so coaches like to do what they believe in rather than change something mid-season for one game.

Eh ... I think most coaches have a zone defense installed.  It's not something they'd have to do special for one game.

We have a zone defense - at least we have, not sure if we've run it this year but I would think we do.  We just don't run it much.  I would think almost everyone is the same. 

So it's not so much installing something new.  It's just prepping it for an opponent that it might prove useful against.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I think most coaches have a zone defense installed.  It's not something they'd have to do special for one game.

We have a zone defense - at least we have, not sure if we've run it this year but I would think we do.  We just don't run it much.  I would think almost everyone is the same. 

So it's not so much installing something new.  It's just prepping it for an opponent that it might prove useful against.

I can see that. However, coaches want to play to players strengths and if that is man defense then run that. I am not the other coaches but zone can be easily exploited if you aren't as well versed in it. Regardless, we don't know what to do against a zone but against teams like this they should probably run it and see if they can't get a run here or there with it. In short, I think some coaches don't like making adjustments unless they absolutely have to.