*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, KazLong said:

I miss the 90s... I would even put up with the boy bands if we could just go back.

I like a power run game, PA passing and some "gimmicky" plays.  Not sure if I like the whole up tempo basketball on grass.  And not just because of this game.  Just like being able to throttle a team when you have to.  The ability to punch back.

So which positions should be recruiting priorities? I think big nasty nose guard. Another Barry type player for the other side on D would make an immediate impact.

The oline needs better development, and they already are recruiting tackles so they know. Skill players will want to come play in this offense. Get a recieving tight end on offense that can get YAC.

Who on the team can step into these roles now?

2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I agree. We are playing to iowa's strengths and away from ours

I really thought we'd see things like the swinging gate.....our spread stuff has not been impressive. You can see how easy plays against patsies will not work in a big game, but we always seem to be fooled by that.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

No, we already knew we were weak there. What has that gotten Iowa against top teams? They're pretty dull and uninspiring  if you ask me.

Thus, you don't like beating someone from the inside out?  Okay.  I'll take sound, fundamental football over "flash and dash" or "show for dough" any day.  In any event, if "dull and uninspiring" wins s game like last weeks game, I'd take it.  A win is a win.  Iowa is controlling the OL and DL.  You don't need flash when you control the line as they are.

Let's own the 4th and win this