*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

A 3-7 team beating a 6-4 team after the season we've had it makes total sense to celebrate. A 7-4 team beating a 4-7 team that they had on the ropes and probably should have blown out, celebrate sure. They acted like they beat a 11-0 team to get into the conference championship though. Iowa thought they had a chance at the championship game and they stormed the field for a win that means very little.

I didn’t see anything wrong with it. Every win counts, game winning field goal, and it’s somewhat of a rivalry game. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Those calling for Chinander’s head are still silly. If we have identical results in year 3 I’ll join them but this is year 1 and his 3rd total year as a defensive coordinator.

We've had what? 4 different DC's in the last 5 years? A little bit of continuity will go a long way here I think. Just need some patience.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Those calling for Chinander’s head are still silly. If we have identical results in year 3 I’ll join them but this is year 1 and his 3rd total year as a defensive coordinator.

Seriously. Let’s try a little stability for a change. We need another good offseason of S&C. Future is bright!

• Plus1 4

I imagine that by next year, Frost and Co will have asked themselves and found the answer to a thousand questions.....Recruiting will fix some issues.  Some adjustments in scheme and play calling will fix other ones.  It's year 3 for this staff.  It's their first year in the B1G.  Some things will transfer from one conference to another.  I'm sure Frost has learned a lot this year.  He credits previous stops and coaches as having shaped him as a coach.  I do not expect this first year to have impacted him any less.  

Just like returning players will be different and improved next year, this staff will as well. Catching the end of the Memphis Houston game and talking about Houston adding a DL in the backfield on some downs to give them that power I set in the backfield. Clemson has done that as well.  Maybe Frost does next year.  Maybe gets some goal line plays designed with QB under center.  Hoping with a talent infusion, Chin can play A LOT more man/press.  Maybe get away from zone as his base coverage.....

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

This sucks. Moral, fan enthusiasm, recruiting, etc. would all have been mile high after finishing the season 5-1. At least we didn't get blown out.

I'd suggest the moral, fan enthusiasm, and recruiting will REMAIN mile high after the end of game effort! When Iowa had the chance earlier in the 2nd half for a 35th point......99 percent chance the October version of this team loses by 40. With no bowl shot either way the difference between 4-8 and 5-7 is negligible.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ADS said:

Not happy and not mad.  Just another gut punch.  We need to get some underclassman to make big strides next year and some JUCOS to fill spots.

That’s how I feel. If we hadn’t come back I’d feel a hell of a lot worse. I think this game is good motivation next year and I won’t be surprised if we destroy them. 

7 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

A 3-7 team beating a 6-4 team after the season we've had it makes total sense to celebrate. A 7-4 team beating a 4-7 team that they had on the ropes and probably should have blown out, celebrate sure. They acted like they beat a 11-0 team to get into the conference championship though. Iowa thought they had a chance at the championship game and they stormed the field for a win that means very little.

Do baseball players mob a player who hits a walk off home run? What about basketball players who nail a buzzer beater to win a game? 

Are you starting to see the trend?