*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, husker_rob said:

Seriously. Let’s try a little stability for a change. We need another good offseason of S&C. Future is bright!

Ok maybe I wasn't seeing the same game as all the smart people on this board, but what I saw in the 2nd half was a pretty effective D.  We shut down their all American tight-ends and were  in a good position to go to overtime. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty darn good

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I couldn't disagree with this more.

They are out physical'd at every position on D.  I believe he is constantly having to decide which hole in the the dam to plug.

The D need another year of S&C and some fresh recruits.

You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change anything. If you're outmanned and out-physicalled at every position, don't make boneheaded calls like Cover 0 on 4th down, while giving the best TE in the conference a 10 yard cushion with your worst cover Safety. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Cdog923 said:

You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change anything. If you're outmanned and out-physicalled at every position, don't make boneheaded calls like Cover 0 on 4th down, while giving the best TE in the conference a 10 yard cushion with your worst cover Safety. 

Damn scheme.....

2 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

I'd rather be 4-8 then 8-4 and running Iowa's offense.  

No kidding. This team should not aspire to be Iowa. Farentz is 151-101 in the BIG.  We don't want to be that close to .500 given how easy non conference schedules are anymore.

Who wants to beat a ranked team each year and go to a Dec 15th bowl and that's your peak?

Our goal is championships not rivalry trophies. Is there even a place to store them in the trophy room?

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Yeah this binary argument about talent vs. scheme on the defense has to stop. I’m not saying fire anyone at this point, but talent aside you can put guys in a position to try and make plays. The third/fourth down calls are nonsensical 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I wasn’t gonna say anything but now that 2 people have done it:

It’s morale

not moral.

”The moral of the story is Nebraska needed to score more points to win.”

”Fan morale took a hit after Nebraska’s loss to Iowa.”

My moral took a hit after this game. I guess the morale of the of the story is Nebraska needed to score more points to win. 100% A+ 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2