*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

I hate losing winnable games this year too. The difference between this year and last is the games are winnable.  OSU winnable? Who would have thought?

The coverage will get better when the rush defense gets better. When players can stuff the rush, they'll be powerful enough to get pressure on a pass play.

Defenses are at a big disadvantage due to the rules now so it takes more talent then the past to overcome legal holding, etc.

19 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

No kidding. This team should not aspire to be Iowa. Farentz is 151-101 in the BIG.  We don't want to be that close to .500 given how easy non conference schedules are anymore.

Who wants to beat a ranked team each year and go to a Dec 15th bowl and that's your peak?

Our goal is championships not rivalry trophies. Is there even a place to store them in the trophy room?

Appreciate the sarcasm doesnt change the fact that Iowa is the definition of average.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Were you ok with the other losses?  

I'm not any more pissed about this one.

It does sting a little more. A rivalry game is one that bothers you a little more to lose. 

If you ever played sports im sure you hated losing but there was always 1 kid or 1 team you really didn’t want to lose to 

40 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Seriously considering blocking “fans” who call the game “over” when it is 28-13 in the 3rd. I’m glad that Frost & Co. has instilled NO QUIT in this team. If only he could do the same to some of our “fan” base.

Thanks for announcing it.