What did we learn: Iowa edition?

It was the first Husker game I watched this year.  I usually listen to parts of most games and read the live thread during the games, then watch the highlights after the game having taken cable T.V. out of my apartment.  

We were beaten on the offensive and defensive line all day.  To actually be there at the end of the game was a total delight.  I enjoyed today's game and  know that good days are ahead.  We are certainly not going to see teams like Iowa, Wisky and Mich St get weaker on their OL and DL systems ... so I'm glad to hear Frost's montra continue ... he will get these bodies remolded and the lines rebuilt.  We won't ever have a problem getting skill player talent ... so when the "old Nebraska" mindset and systems are turning out players with 3-4 years in our program we will be so proud again.

• Plus1 1

I learned that Ohio State wii probably win the Big10

I learned that Texas will probably win the Big12

I learned the BCS Playoffs will probably end up being Alabama...whoever Alabama beats for the SEC Championship, Notre  Dame and Clemson and most of us in the snow lands won't really give a rat's a$$.

I learned that it really wouldn't matter anyway because those tough SEC teams will be playing these playoff games in some warm weather stadium where the will all have the advantage of being acclimated to the weather whereas if they came north to play in Lincoln or Ames or Madison or such, they would all die.

Nebraska will improve next year but they will not win the Big 10 in the foreseeable future as it has been scientifically proven that if Ohio State does not win the Big 10 and Texas does not lock up the Big 12, our planet will be ejected from the solar system to wander lost through the universe for eternity...

18 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

whoever Alabama beats for the SEC Championship

A 2 loss Georgia isn't getting into the playoff. They haven't stooped that low yet. No offense to a certain someone if he reads this. I hope Georgia wins every game they ever play until the end of time except when Nebraska beats them in the playoffs, Elaida - I'm just being truthful.

One of our major problems on defense was YAC. Alot more strides being made in the off season in S&C will help with this. Opposing offenses making 5 yds consistently on first down will always stress out a defense. When contact is made you have to get the man down. Delivering the hit and not absorbing it will make your defense more dimensional with what they can do.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

In the presser Frost said, to paraphrase, he never thought he'd look at another (lineman) and say they were bigger than NU.  Said moving forward, they can fix getting the kids bigger and stronger. Said they haven't had a year with Duval.  Frost seemed to relaize, to win the B1G, we have got to be bigger and stronger than we currently are. Said there are kids here who are fighters, but he needs more. IMHO, Frost sees the same things the fans see.  He not only knows what needs to be fixed, but he has the ability to do those things and the support of an administration that supports him. 

He gets it.  We are in good hands moving forward.

As bad as MR was, I am thinking it will take Frost 3 years to clean up the mess that was left behind.

• Plus1 1

I would not be surprised at all if Adrian Martinez is not on the Heisman watch list next year. He is one of the most dynamic QBs of all of college football. He has grown so much this year and next year, he will be even more seasoned and more mature. The next few years are very promising for husker nation. I am soooooooo excited....Go Big Red....

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

As bad as MR was, I am thinking it will take Frost 3 years to clean up the mess that was left behind.

I drank the kool aid this season (again).  I really figured year 2 we'd be giving teams fits.  As the season progressed, I figure to really compete, like you said, it'll be a 3 year plan.  We need to get some depth for sure.  Can't run the gauntlet of the B1G without quality depth.  If we can get Honas back 100%, Cam pans out, JoJo and Tyrin step up and Daniels gets in game shape and Khalil continues to improve, D looks better already.  Maybe not winning the B1G better, but the West is in reach.  It was almost in reach this year.....If we had started playing game 1 like game 7..........

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Bright spot: We had 3 penalties for 35 yards.

Penalties has decreased significantly as the season progressed.  Pickering has found his groove as well.  

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'm talking about lining up 10 yards off the receiver so they could catch an easy pass and kick the game winning field goal

The receiver ran a route that went 11 yards downfield. It wasn’t really a problem with how far back Reed was lined up at the snap but rather how far Reed dropped back. He was about 5 yards off of Hockensen when he made his break. Gotta know where the sticks are.