Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

19 hours ago, Redux said:

Not if they stay healthy it's not.  What 3 teams stand in the way of 10 wins?  Trending down Wisconsin?  Urban Meyerless Ohio State in Lincoln?  About to be put back in their place Iowa?

ONE team stands in the way.  The Huskers themselves.  They stood in their own way all of last year.  If they would stop beating themselves, we’re having a bowl game discussion.  This is a good progression, if you think about it. They went from being beaten, to beating themselves.  Once they get out of their own way, watch out!

• Plus1 2

College football's 10 most-hyped teams for 2019

Why hype is high: The only team with a losing record inside our Top 10 Most-Hyped Teams list for 2019, Nebraska was one of college football's hottest programs exiting the 2018 season and seemed to gain its footing under first-year Scott Frost after a disappointing 0-6 start. The overtime loss at Northwestern, a game that seemingly slipped away late, was the turning point. Nebraska won four of its final six games, the setbacks coming by five points at Ohio State and three at Iowa. The Huskers, who return almost everyone of importance, are already garnering Top 20 love according to one Way-Too-Early ranking and have a somewhat favorable slate by Big Ten standards (projected two games vs. Top 25 teams).

On 1/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, Redux said:

Not if they stay healthy it's not.  What 3 teams stand in the way of 10 wins?  Trending down Wisconsin?  Urban Meyerless Ohio State in Lincoln?  About to be put back in their place Iowa?

Ohio State was Ohio State before Urban Meyer and they will be Ohio State after as well. We won 4 games last year, we have no business looking down our noses at anyone. Its an uphill battle for us. Thing is, we have the staff to do it. 

Every game is hard to win. Every game. 

Lets just try and win them. 

There are no “gimmies” anymore. Just gotta win. When we get to a place with the right players, yeah, we should win. But every game is hard to win. 

Its not 1993 anymore. We just gotta win and try hard as hell to win them. Period. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, I am I said:

Every game is hard to win. Every game. 

Lets just try and win them. 

There are no “gimmies” anymore. Just gotta win. When we get to a place with the right players, yeah, we should win. But every game is hard to win. 

Its not 1993 anymore. We just gotta win and try hard as hell to win them. Period. 

Try Hard. Win. Profit. Sex.

57 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

Ohio State was Ohio State before Urban Meyer and they will be Ohio State after as well. We won 4 games last year, we have no business looking down our noses at anyone. Its an uphill battle for us. Thing is, we have the staff to do it. 

I imagine someone in 1998 said Nebraska was Nebraska before Tom Osborne and will be Nebraska after as well. Then the next 20 years happened. 

Many other programs have thought the same. USC post Carroll, Florida post Meyer, Oklahoma post Switzer, Texas post Mack Brown, on and on 

• Plus1 1

If our main playmakers were all coming back for one more year, then yeah maybe ten wins. 7- 9 wins would be a big improvement. 

Trying to say which games are wins, and which ones are loses, didn't play out to well last year, for all us guru's on here.

Maybe we can win 10, but i think that is still a couple years away yet. I'm thinking 8 this year.

GBR!!!

16 hours ago, boach_clack said:

Yeah Ohio State bounced right back from the Tressel departure too. :sarcasm

It's a big impact regardless of how stacked they are.  Whose looking down their nose?  People are say how 10 wins is too hard to do, this schedule is one of the easiest we've had in a while.  Our big games are in Lincoln, 10 wins is very doable.

11 hours ago, boach_clack said:

Urban won at a clip never seen before at Ohio St. You think Day is going to come anywhere close to 83-9? 

Ohio St. will be Ohio St, I'm sure.... But they won't be Urban's Ohio St.

5 hours ago, Redux said:

Yeah Ohio State bounced right back from the Tressel departure too.

Urban is one of the two best coaches of the past 15 years, thus the reason that they bounced back so well. Without Urban, they definitely don't accomplish what they accomplished post-Tressel.

7 hours ago, huskered17 said:

If our main playmakers were all coming back for one more year, then yeah maybe ten wins. 7- 9 wins would be a big improvement. 

Trying to say which games are wins, and which ones are loses, didn't play out to well last year, for all us guru's on here.

Maybe we can win 10, but i think that is still a couple years away yet. I'm thinking 8 this year.

Agreed. Eight wins is my prediction if I'm forced to make one right now in January. Iowa, Purdue, and Northwestern have quietly improved by a fairly significant degree on offense. Without Thorson, Northwestern isn't as good but they're still going to be a good team next season. The West is much less powerful than the East but Wisconsin seems to no longer be automatically better than Purdue, Iowa, and Northwestern.

Winning our division is not going to be easy next season, but if we can do it, it'll be a huge milestone for where we're headed.

*Edit* One thing that's interesting to look at though is the schedule for Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern. Iowa plays Michigan & Penn State. Wisconsin plays Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State. I'm going to predict right there that this pretty much takes Wisconsin out as the favorite to win the West.

We could lose to Wisconsin, but as long as we beat Iowa and Northwestern I'm thinking our win total is nine and we win the division. This is just off-season guessing and is primarily based on the relatively tougher cross-divisional schedules that both Iowa and Wisconsin (finally) have this season when compared to ours.