Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

20 minutes ago, Redux said:

Their 2011 team was loaded and still sucked without Tressel.  Anyone who thinks losing Urban doesn't hurt them is kidding themselves.  They are an 8-9 win team in 2019.

That would be awesome to see. As far as how it pertains to us, Harbaugh probably believes he can fill the power vacuum, but I think Frost is the guy who fills it in the medium term. And that's not just a Kool-Aid prediction. 

1 minute ago, Undone said:

That would be awesome to see. As far as how it pertains to us, Harbaugh probably believes he can fill the power vacuum, but I think Frost is the guy who fills it in the medium term. And that's not just a Kool-Aid prediction. 

I would bet that Harbaugh and Frost are going to have a duel in Indy in December to see who fills the void.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I would bet that Harbaugh and Frost are going to have a duel in Indy in December to see who fills the void.

Obviously, there's nothing more that I'd love to see! In 2020 I really believe we're going to be so much better than the next best team in the West that it'll almost be stupid.

I'm interested though in people's takes from my post six replies up on the West battle for next year. I do think that next year Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Nebraska are practically all on the same basic plane. But what I'm looking at most is the fact that Iowa & Wisconsin play two of the four "good" teams from the East, but we only play one.

Big advantage for us in winning our division next year, but I'm not anywhere close to assuming that we're a shoe in as the clear cut favorite.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Obviously, there's nothing more that I'd love to see! In 2020 I really believe we're going to be so much better than the next best team in the West that it'll almost be stupid.

I'm interested though in my takes from my post six replies up on the West battle for next year. I do think that next year Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Nebraska are practically all on the same basic plane. But what I'm looking at most is the fact that Iowa & Wisconsin play two of the four "good" teams from the East, but we only play one.

Big advantage for us in winning our division next year, but I'm not anywhere close to assuming that we're a shoe in as the clear cut favorite.

I agree the competition in the West will be great, and although I think we will be able to beat most of those teams this year, until we actually do it, we shouldn't be considered a shoo-in for anything. Since we aren't proven winners yet, I don't care if we get a pre-season ranking. We haven't earned a damn thing yet.

However, I also tend to think that a lot of folks are predicting 8 wins this year as a hedge due to being shell-shocked from 2018. No one thought we would still be mired at 4-8. However, it is hard to look at the improvement in the second half of the season, have a full off-season of work, and look at the 2019 schedule and not expect much better things. I bet most of us in our hearts really look at the schedule and get big eyes but are afraid of getting burned again. However, I predict 10 hard-fought wins and a return to the CCG. Then 2020 will be even better yet.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I bet most of us in our hearts really look at the schedule and get big eyes but are afraid of getting burned again. However, I predict 10 hard-fought wins and a return to the CCG.

Ha, the bolded is totally spot on for me personally. Describes it perfectly.

So at your prediction of 10-2, who are our two losses? Ohio State and ________?

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Ha, the bolded is totally spot on for me personally. Describes it perfectly.

So at your prediction of 10-2, who are our two losses? Ohio State and ________?

I don't know. I'm not certain that we lose to Ohio State. If we are hosting them at night and the stadium is rockin, we can get them. Frost will be looking for a signature victory. 

I'm not so bold to predict an undefeated season, but I don't see any obvious losses, just a lot of tough games that can go either way. Going on the road against a better than usual Purdue scares me more than most of the other games.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if we get to the CCG, who would we play?

Probably still OSU. Michigan loses some pieces on defense, and I think at this point they really don't believe they can beat OSU. The Buckeyes lose some too but they're in a better position to reload, so unless Day is a horrible coach they're the easy favorite. Penn State just isn't scary, and Michigan State hasn't had an offense since Le'veon Bell and Kirk Cousins.