Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm not buying them at all.  They won't hit 7 wins this season.  Maybe 6, but also maybe not.

It'll be a defining year for Minnesota. In some ways, their season was even more bi-polar than ours. After changing DC's and making Morgan the QB, they greatly improved the last four games. They're very young, have recruited well, and may have found their QB. I'm not entirely convinced they know yet what they want to do offensively, but it was a much improved unit from his first year. 

It is trending up, but the rest of the division can say that, too. They have a very easy schedule next year with PSU/Rutgers/Maryland as crossovers and another round of Little Debbie's at the start. I actual think, two years in, that's part of Fleck's problem....those cream puffs give them a false gauge of where they are at. They started year 1 with three straight conference losses and year 2 with four straight conference losses.

11 minutes ago, brophog said:

It'll be a defining year for Minnesota. In some ways, their season was even more bi-polar than ours. After changing DC's and making Morgan the QB, they greatly improved the last four games. They're very young, have recruited well, and may have found their QB. I'm not entirely convinced they know yet what they want to do offensively, but it was a much improved unit from his first year. 

It is trending up, but the rest of the division can say that, too. They have a very easy schedule next year with PSU/Rutgers/Maryland as crossovers and another round of Little Debbie's at the start. I actual think, two years in, that's part of Fleck's problem....those cream puffs give them a false gauge of where they are at. They started year 1 with three straight conference losses and year 2 with four straight conference losses.

More of an oatmeal cream pie guy myself...

Cookies Oatmeal With Creme Individually Wrapped

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Redux said:

Yeah not seeing it that way at all, the levels of kool aid after we flubbed a potential 9 win season into barely a 5 win season was a little ridiculous.  I'll include myself in that category.  I'm seeing constant pissing and moaning about how freshmen aren't good enough, our depth is bad, our D coordinator can't call a game right etc.

I think we're doing just fine, we will win the division next year.  People need to chill.

looking at the schedule for next year and basing what those teams did this year, I can see 8+ wins (assuming our key players stay healthy all season).  I don't see any reason to freak out and think we wont be competitive in all games with the chance to win.  if the team plays well, defense shows decent improvement along with O-Line we should be in all the games.  toughest opponents next season (Ohio St, Wisconsin, Iowa)?  while Northwestern has been a pain in the behind, they lost their 6 year starter QB (tongue in cheek) to graduation. 

We will be fine, Frost will have the team well prepared.  WAY better then what we have seen from previous HC..  aka nicest coach in the world.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...