Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

Coming off back-to-back 4-8 seasons, this says a lot about the confidence the national pundits have in Frost.

Interesting that an Iowa team that finished 9-4 isn't on this list, Wisconsin is barely in at 25, and last year's West winner, Northwestern, is only two spots ahead of Nebraska.

With Iowa, I think it's just a reflection of returning production, or lack thereof. Had they returned Hockenson, Fant, Nelson and Hooker they'd likely be a top 15 team. This isn't to say they shouldn't be the top 25 though.

Think they are putting a ton of stock into Johnson at QB. For their sake, I hope all he's cracked up to be, sans 10/5.

Wisconsin has questions at QB, replacing lots of production at LB and somewhat retooling on the OL. Their schedule is a bit more difficult as well.

Post Spring B1G Power Rankings

3) NEBRASKA, 2018 RECORD: 4-8 (3-6)

One might be shocked to see Nebraska so high on this list after going 4-8 last season in what was an underwhelming debut for head coach Scott Frost. However, things started to look different in Lincoln, Nebraska in late October last year. Following an 0-6 start and a narrow overtime loss at Northwestern, the Cornhuskers trounced Minnesota 53-28. They finished their final six games with a 4-2 record – their only losses coming by five points on the road against Ohio State and by three points on the road at Iowa. Nebraska looked like a completely different team during the second half of the season and true freshman quarterback Adrian Martinez showed real promise. Martinez is athletic, elusive, and has a knack for making big plays. It should come as no surprise if the Cornhuskers are massively improved next year. Look for Adrian Martinez to have a big season as Scott Frost works to get Nebraska back to its winning ways.

Yeah, grain of salt but still nice to see others validating what we’re all excited about.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Ill be excited when we start seeing wins.  all the talking the media does and we havent done squat yet.  lets hope we didnt inherit another lame duck staff that cant coordinate.

Did you actually watch any games last year?  Other than Michigan they were very competitive!  Frost inherited a very broken team and broken culture, and despite that, the team improved as the year went on.  The losses in their last 7 games were 3 in OT to NW, 5 to OSU, 3 to Iowa.   2018 team was closer to 2 wins, 2019 team was closer to 7 or 8.  And I will believe till my dying breath that had we not had to cancel the game vs Akron, this is a bowl bound team last year, that started 3-0.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Did you actually watch any games last year?  Other than Michigan they were very competitive!  Frost inherited a very broken team and broken culture, and despite that, the team improved as the year went on.  The losses in their last 7 games were 3 in OT to NW, 5 to OSU, 3 to Iowa.   2018 team was closer to 2 wins, 2019 team was closer to 7 or 8.  And I will believe till my dying breath that had we not had to cancel the game vs Akron, this is a bowl bound team last year, that started 3-0.

And the end of the season was without our best defensive lineman.

3 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Ill be excited when we start seeing wins.  all the talking the media does and we havent done squat yet.  lets hope we didnt inherit another lame duck staff that cant coordinate.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  I'm more excited about Frost's 4-8 debut than I was about being 7-0 under Riley.  Anyone can see the progress if they take their blinders off.  This is no "lame duck" staff.

• Plus1 2