Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This lineup proposed in the article for NU is very similar.  Frost probably can’t use it for big stretches of the game, but it creates a lot of matchup problems for opposing defenses because of the versatility of each skill player. 

Washington’s ultimate legal status may have a huge knock on effect in terms of personnel groups.

4 minutes ago, brophog said:

Washington’s ultimate legal status may have a huge knock on effect in terms of personnel groups.

That may be true, but the way Washington is fully participating in practice, it sounds like the coaches are getting good reports from Washington's legal team and the University may decide to only suspend Mo for the first game.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That may be true, but the way Washington is fully participating in practice, it sounds like the coaches are getting good reports from Washington's legal team and the University may decide to only suspend Mo for the first game.

Isn't his next court date after the first game? They're not going to do anything until that's resolved, so I expect him to play. Any suspension would happen after the legal situation is resolved, and like you said seems like it might be short. Avoid the Wisconsin situation, they preemptively kicked a kid out of school and now he's acquitted and will probably use to get back in.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Isn't his next court date after the first game? They're not going to do anything until that's resolved, so I expect him to play. Any suspension would happen after the legal situation is resolved, and like you said seems like it might be short. Avoid the Wisconsin situation, they preemptively kicked a kid out of school and now he's acquitted and will probably use to get back in.

The University can still decide to suspend Washington for the first game based on the "conduct detrimental to the team".  Then as the legal proceedings play out, they can use "time served" if he gets a plea deal, or kick him off the team if it ends up worse.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

We say these things because it’s the most anticipated time of the season and none of us knows squat.  Until we see an actual game, all we can do now is hope and speculate. 

But some of us know how to squat, right? 

RIGHT?! If you say no, we can have that discussion again too. 

• Haha 4

OK....IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!

What are the chances The OSU game on September 28th is an 11:00 game?

Normally, I would say...no way.  But, Fox Sports making the hair brained decision to start putting some prime games on at that time has me concerned.

Needing to plan my company tailgate and really don't want to plan all this and then end up with 2 hours of tailgating before the game.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Normally, I would say...no way.  But, Fox Sports making the hair brained decision to start putting some prime games on at that time has me concerned.

Needing to plan my company tailgate and really don't want to plan all this and then end up with 2 hours of tailgating before the game.

I've been wording this as well.  I really want to go to this game but I don't think it'll be possible with an early kick.

Who gets to pick when is too confusing for me to figure out. Apparently different networks get first pick different weeks and all sorts of craziness.  Seems like if Fox gets it there is a good chance it will be 11:00.  But if ESPN/ABC get it then I would think afternoon or even prime time (if both are undefeated).

But I don't think we'll really find out until 12 days out.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would say it's likely at this point, especially with Urban Meyer being on the new FOX studio show to compete against ESPN College Gameday.  If NU wins at CU the probability will increase.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think if we're both undefeated there's a decent chance we get Gameday, which I think would make a difference.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm selfishly hoping for an early kickoff. I'm going out of town that weekend for a concert that night :ohnoes

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Need to improve the win totals the next few years to keep the rolling 25-years strong as the 90s drop off this stat.

I think we're almost sure to start making gains on Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, FSU, and LSU. Oregon, Georgia, and the others have quite a bit of steam right now but we'll start moving up that list.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think we're almost sure to start making gains on Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, FSU, and LSU. Oregon, Georgia, and the others have quite a bit of steam right now but we'll start moving up that list.

NU may gain on those you mention, but if that list is a 25-year rolling total, then it would be based off 1994-2018.  That means NU will have the following win totals dropping off over the next few years:  13, 12, 11, 13, 9, and 12.  Those win totals won't be easy to match as the 25-year total rolls into the future..

• Plus1 3