Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think we're almost sure to start making gains on Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, FSU, and LSU. Oregon, Georgia, and the others have quite a bit of steam right now but we'll start moving up that list.

We won’t move up the 25 year list anytime soon. You have to remember which seasons are dropping off, both for us and the other teams on the list. 

1994 and 1995 are still on that list. That’s 25 wins. We’d have to have records of 13-0 and 12-1 just to not go down in win totals, whereas some of those other teams will be dropping off years where they weren’t as good. LSU for example was 4-7 and 7-4-1 in 1994 and 1995. They’ll move up if they have more than 11 wins over the next 2 seasons.

We won’t make gains until we get past Solich’s 7-7 season and the Callahan years.

• Plus1 1

On 8/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, RedSavage said:

I think if we're both undefeated there's a decent chance we get Gameday, which I think would make a difference.

If we’re both unbeaten, I don’t see any way FOX passes on the game. If we’re playing at 11 a.m. on FOX, there’s less than zero chance ESPN comes for Gameday.

I think ESPN still has first dibs on most games, don't they?

EDIT: This article is a couple years old, but it says ESPN/ABC airs 27 Big Ten football games, with at least six of them being in prime time. Fox/FS1 airs 24-27, nine of which will be in prime time, plus the B1G Championship. Fox gets first pick most weeks, but ESPN has priority in some weeks.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/know-new-big-ten-rights-deal.html

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Is that in the contract?

No I’m speculating and could be wrong but I still think gameday takes priority over pretty much everything.  Think they get their pick of the litter.  I’m on my phone or I’d link it but look at the national pundits predictions for who gets gameday this season.  I’m not alone in thinking this.  

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

No I’m speculating and could be wrong but I still think gameday takes priority over pretty much everything.  Think they get their pick of the litter.  I’m on my phone or I’d link it but look at the national pundits predictions for who gets gameday this season.  I’m not alone in thinking this.  

I misread your post. Gameday has always seemed to have first pick.

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Yeah as far as I've seen there's no extremely obvious or reliable way to figure out who has the first priority pick any given week, it's kind of a confusing crapshoot. 

Game day can go wherever they want but I’m pretty sure the networks draft weekends when they get to pick first.  For example, Fox gets the first pick of the entire season so they pick the last weekend of the regular season to have first pick of games that weekend.  That allows them to get the Michigan/Ohio State game (biggest B1G draw of the season).  ESPN would get the next pick so they might choose to get the first pick the weekend of the Ohio State/Penn State game or something like that.  But I don’t think any of that is ever really released to the public so I think you’re right that there really isn’t any way to figure out who is going to get the biggest games on any given weekend until they are actually announced.