Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

38 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

With their schedule I'm intrigued the writers pegged them 6th. They will be well coached but I'm not sure I really disagree.

They’re 5th in the preseason magazines that have been collected on Stassen, with Purdue as the most likely 6th. So not really different to how this voting went.

The top 3 went similarly. Maybe they just read the preseason mags and went that way.....:D

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, brophog said:

They’re 5th in the preseason magazines that have been collected on Stassen, with Purdue as the most likely 6th. So not really different to how this voting went.

The top 3 went similarly. Maybe they just read the preseason mags and went that way.....:D

I agree with it, I don't think they are going to do much this year, its just interesting to me with their schedule and FPI that no one wants to take a shot on them. They seemed to get alot of hype as contenders in the west before spring ball but now they have fallen off the map. 

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree with it, I don't think they are going to do much this year, its just interesting to me with their schedule and FPI that no one wants to take a shot on them. They seemed to get alot of hype as contenders in the west before spring ball but now they have fallen off the map. 

They have an enormous amount of returning experience and returning offensive production, but probably the biggest question at QB. That’s enough doubt to just slightly separate them from a very congested group.

They should be getting more hype, though. A lot of positive indicators for them.

• Plus1 1

I know it's probably just coache speak and things were like this under previous coaches, but man I like hearing about guys doing 180s in attitude, having to be chased out of the football offices, watching lots of film, etc. It just feels like things are different. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/rookie-quartet-of-defensive-backs-earns-high-early-praise-from/article_03afd5d2-fded-57d2-83eb-f9c95fa1f0cc.html

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I know it's probably just coache speak and things were like this under previous coaches, but man I like hearing about guys doing 180s in attitude, having to be chased out of the football offices, watching lots of film, etc. It just feels like things are different. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/rookie-quartet-of-defensive-backs-earns-high-early-praise-from/article_03afd5d2-fded-57d2-83eb-f9c95fa1f0cc.html

It is but... I actually believe it this time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Expert Roundtable: Redshirt freshmen ready to break out

OL WILL FARNIOK, NEBRASKA

8559207.JPG?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Brian Christopherson, Husker247The Huskers actually don't have a long list of redshirt freshmen from the 2018 class, but offensive lineman Will Farniok is a young player in contention for a really big job. He's working at center, where he figures to be one of the lead options in fall camp. His background can't hurt. He's had brothers who have played at Oklahoma and Iowa State, and another sibling, Matt Farniok, who will be the leader of the Husker O-line this year as a junior. While Will Farniok (864th overall in the 247Sports composite) wasn't as highly rated as a recruit as Matt, Will's old coach at Washington High School in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, once said that "he might be the best athlete in the family." He's going to need to also be smart, and continue to build strength, if he wants to win a starting job and be "the glue of the offensive line" that his coach Greg Austin wants in a center. And even if he doesn't win the job, he needs to be at the ready for depth purposes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1