Huskers in 2019....

Mavric

20 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I think it will be a 7 or 8 win season.  We could still be much improved, but lose a few close ones again.  If Martinez gets hurt, our win total will drop dramatically.   I don't see a second or third stringer stepping in and succeeding like 3rd stringer QB Purdy at Iowa State. 

The good news is going forward we at least have competition for QB 2 and QB 3. I completely agree with you about losing Martinez means a big drop off. I don't think it will be a loss to Troy drop off from here on out though.

I think there are at least 3-4 more wins next year simply because the team comes in more confident and knowledgeable in the systems, what is expected and what it takes to win. 

Plus, you put these players (especially linemen on both sides) in the strength program another year.  These guys show up tomorrow knowing what to expect in off season work outs and motivated to put in the work. Accountability is in the program day one. It’s not something Frost and company have to instill over the summer. That should make results bigger this off season. 

Im really excited to see what Washington is like after a year of strength training. He should look more like an RB instead of a WR.  More power. 

I belive double digit wins are possible but wouldn’t be surprised at 8 or 9 wins. 

• Plus1 3

I think some guys are underestimating the second year jump that's possible. I know the schedule in Riley's second year was pretty easy but the team honestly improved under him in year 2. 

I bet we'll be seeing guys talk about how they can play faster because they don't have to think about plays. Plus, with the scheme basics becoming second nature Frost and Chin can add wrinkles to make their scheme's more effective. This will make a huge difference. 

The S&C is going to lead to big changes as well. Yes guys can make changes in one off season, but Duvall was building the muscle and conditioning foundations this year. I think we'll see guys make huge jumps with a second off season. 

No of this means we're going to win 10+ for sure next year, but the potential is there. I think 8 or 9 and a chance at the conference championship is a real possibility. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

even Frost felt frustrated seeing our linemen getting pushed around.......we have a lot of work to do up front on both sides of the ball......will need 2 years at least to see major improvement.

So you agree that the o-line isn’t great, but Martinez is supposed to be able to know when to tuck it and run, rather than trying to go through his progressions and try to find an open receiver, and do this on every single play. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I know the schedule in Riley's second year was pretty easy but the team honestly improved under him in year 2

Riley is not a great example to make your otherwise great point. 2015 and 2016 were very similar in terms of production, just not wins.