Chinander by the numbers

Frost strikes me as a pretty loyal guy. The fact that his whole staff followed him from Fla. to Nebraska says a lot. I don’t think you see Chin leave unless it’s of his own volition or unless the team starts losing division and conference championships solely because of the defense and Frost has no choice. Take the good with the bad I guess. I hate the way the defense plays right now as much as anyone but we are stuck right now. And more turnover would be absurd

Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

Why did our D-line get blown off the ball so often and allow mediocre to bad rushing teams to have record days? Is it poor athletes, or is it too easy for 5 players on the OL to push around 3 DL? When you allow the opposition to run the ball, everything else gets easier (slant to the slot).

Obviously if you are going to stop the run in a 3-4, NT is a vital piece of the puzzle. We don’t have one of any substance. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Hopefully some better horses arrive soon and make everything tolerable.

I think that could make the difference for us as to the "righting the ship" attitude we've adopted.  The offense will improve even more. The D will get some (please!) leaders, and away we go. 

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Obviously if you are going to stop the run in a 3-4, NT is a vital piece of the puzzle. We don’t have one of any substance. 

If you don't have that vital piece then why even attempt to  run the  3-4 as your base? I see chin will mix it up  through the game but attempting to  run something  your not equipped  for doesn't make sense 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

If you don't have that vital piece then why even attempt to  run the  3-4 as your base? I see chin will mix it up  through the game but attempting to  run something  your not equipped  for doesn't make sense 

No faith in Daniels after another off season in S&C or Fair who will be here soon?

The main reason Chinander was brought along with the rest of the UCF staff was that Frost wanted to same group that rebuilt UCF to the rebuild project at NU. They had a philosophy and were all on the same page at UCF, so Frost wanted to ensure everyone would be on the same page in the Nebraska rebuilding project. Frost didn’t want to have to worry about new staff members meshing with old staff members or coaches not being on the same page. Frost won’t be forced into firing Chinander by Moos or any boosters. Chinander will be at NU for at least 2 more years. 

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The main reason Chinander was brought along with the rest of the UCF staff was that Frost wanted to same group that rebuilt UCF to the rebuild project at NU. They had a philosophy and were all on the same page at UCF, so Frost wanted to ensure everyone would be on the same page in the Nebraska rebuilding project. Frost didn’t want to have to worry about new staff members meshing with old staff members or coaches not being on the same page. Frost won’t be forced into firing Chinander by Moos or any boosters. Chinander will be at NU for at least 2 more years. 

As he should be

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

No faith in Daniels after another off season in S&C or Fair who will be here soon?

Fair is intriguing for sure.  Get into an actual program with resources. He an early enrollee?  Throw in Daniels with another year with Duval and I think the NT will be solid.  Get a bonafide edge rusher or an OLB who is a standup DE in passing downs *(maybe Dixon?).  I'm also hoping with better/more LB depth we might be a lot better in pass coverage and against the run.  

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

Fair is intriguing for sure.  Get into an actual program with resources. He an early enrollee?  Throw in Daniels with another year with Duval and I think the NT will be solid.  Get a bonafide edge rusher or an OLB who is a standup DE in passing downs *(maybe Dixon?).  I'm also hoping with better/more LB depth we might be a lot better in pass coverage and against the run.  

I didn't hear much about this guy.  Did he move to offense?

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Ideally Dru Mathis along with Dixon