Looking Back....

Mavric

19 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

You saw what happened when he did, the worst 3 years in the modern era. I dunno facts and stuff

So, what? Do you believe this gives you cause to poison a thread with snide remarks?

It doesn't. Please find a better way to contribute.

• Plus1 2

40 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

You saw what happened when he did, the worst 3 years in the modern era. I dunno facts and stuff

Thanks, Mary Pat.

Not being heartbroken about the firing of Bo shouldn’t be confused with being happy subsequent hiring of Riley and the mess that he created after taking over the NU program.

I don’t get what your point about coming on this board is all about.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
On 11/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, SECHusker said:

Personally think Frost inherited a bigger mess than Pelini. Frost had to deal with a team that had little to no accountability; was severely out of shape; a 2017 class that has been completely wiped out; and arguably more physical league. 

Pelini had his difficulties, but no where near the issues Frost inherited.

It's not even close.  There is no suh on this team.....  Not even remotely close. Prince, Helu and Dennard were all cally too IIRC.

I found some things interesting that I didn't quite understand.

1) Still baffled we didn't try and redshirt Woodyard. We basically wasted a year of eligibility for him. Need some playmak6rs at the wide receiver position for next season. 

2) I am also surprised we did not use our twin tower tight ends in the red zone a few times. Throw it up to them and watch them grab it over a 6'1 corner or safety.  

3) We need to blitz better and I mean a lot better. Delayed blitzes can work, but when you struggle to get to the quarterback you need to send guys from the sidelines so the offense has to account for everything. I think some timely corner blitzes would have worked with Bootle. Should help with an immediate pass rusher potentially and Tannor and Thomas getting up to speed. 

Now for the good stuff

1) This offense is really hard to stop when it gets going. It gets guys in space and gives them the opportunity to get yards.

2) 2AM is super fun to watch and he will continually get better. 

3)If the defensive backs and linebackers continue to improve we can be solid back there. Now, we need to get some pass rush on the D-line so that we can get some more sacks. 

I enjoyed watching this team progress and improve over the season. Any bad losses that happened were fine because it was year 1 and those things happen. We lose a lot of experience, however, if the talent is upgraded that can sometimes beat out experience. One more full offseason of Duval without having to hold back workouts should really help us out and put us ahead of other teams going into next season. I am excited to see who else we bring in and what grad transfers we get. Three positions that could use a grad transfer- safety for depth, Wide receiver for experience, and depth and finally a solid pass rusher that can get to the QB or at least be a threat to free up other guys to rush the passer. 

• Plus1 1