And.....minny beats wiscy....

mwj98

It was largely our defense.  The offense did a few things well, but the defense kept getting them the ball in advantageous positions.  Can't forget special teams, too, as Demetrius Douglas made a nice punt return for TD.

For only the second time all year, the Gophers were hitting on all cylinders today - the Purdue game being the other time.

I think it'll be a three-way race for the division title in 2019 - Nebraska, Northwestern, and Minnesota.  How about that!

Lastly, the best WR in the B1G is Tyler Johnson and JD Spielman is #2.  It'll be fun to see how that shakes out next season.

17 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

It was largely our defense.  The offense did a few things well, but the defense kept getting them the ball in advantageous positions.  Can't forget special teams, too, as Demetrius Douglas made a nice punt return for TD.

For only the second time all year, the Gophers were hitting on all cylinders today - the Purdue game being the other time.

I think it'll be a three-way race for the division title in 2019 - Nebraska, Northwestern, and Minnesota.  How about that!

Lastly, the best WR in the B1G is Tyler Johnson and JD Spielman is #2.  It'll be fun to see how that shakes out next season.

I’d say Rondale Moore is the best footballer with a wide receiver designation. But I wouldn’t say he’s the best wide receiver.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:28 PM, broganreynik said:

I’d say Rondale Moore is the best footballer with a wide receiver designation. But I wouldn’t say he’s the best wide receiver.

You make an interesting distinction there.  I'll say this for Moore - he makes some really bananas, video game-looking plays out there.  On the other hand, he doesn't put up the best numbers in the league, and it's all about production.  They don't give style points for how you matriculate down the field.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

You make an interesting distinction there.  I'll say this for Moore - he makes some really bananas, video game-looking plays out there.  On the other hand, he doesn't put up the best numbers in the league, and it's all about production.  They don't give style points for how you matriculate down the field.

I hear what you're saying, but unless the number you're talking about is yards per catch Moore does put up the best numbers in the league. Johnson is definitely underrated nationally - I'd still take Spielman, but I'm a homer. Interesting that 2 of the top 3 returning B1G receivers (although I expect Peoples-Jones to place himself in the conversation next year) are from Minnesota.