Iowa Band Member accuses Huskers of not participating in "The Wave"

Cdog923

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I won't say much about this (to keep it out of the Shed), but this got me triggered real good last night. 

This WOULD be a major faux pas, but I don't see any evidence that Huskers didn't participate. We should probably have a federal investigation because "waving" is what sports watching is all about.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

She is full of s#!t.  Every Husker fan I saw was waving, myself included. 

I think she is accusing the team of not turning around and waving to the hospital, not the fans. I’m not even sure what is customary for the opposing team, but I guess other teams have turned around and waved.  IMO, if this is true, it’s not a good look for the team, but maybe Frost and staff didn’t realize it was customary for the opposing team to wave to the hospital. I think this tradition only started last year, so it’s not like it’s something that everyone should be aware of. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think she is accusing the team of not turning around and waving to the hospital, not the fans. I’m not even sure what is customary for the opposing team, but I guess other teams have turned around and waved.  IMO, if this is true, it’s not a good look for the team, but maybe Frost and staff didn’t realize it was customary for the opposing team to wave to the hospital. I think this tradition only started last year, so it’s not like it’s something that everyone should be aware of. 

Was at the game.  The team was waving.  There’s even video of them doing it in the comments of said tweet.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

She said the tradition is internationally known. I must be out of the loop.