Iowa Band Member accuses Huskers of not participating in "The Wave"

Cdog923

17 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

One of the Nebraska beat writers invited Emma to one of the many events the Huskers put on for children in need, no response from her.  It seems she has almost given up her twitter since the tweet picked up steam.  Wouldn't be surprised if she sets her account to private soon

Shocking! She just wanted that quick 15 minutes of fame without any ramifications for her actions. Not ready to step up and have a mature conversation. Which is rich, given the fact Iowa was so up in arms when Stanford's band made fun of them for being farmers.

Dear Band Member.

You are a BAND GEEK.   No one cares what you say, what you think, and your opinions of how 'enthusiastic' NU players, team, fans...whoever you meant...were in the wave is useless drivel coming from a biased BAND GEEK.

You don't get to be right.

You don't get 15 minutes of fame.

You don't get to drive this narrative.

Go practice your timpani wearing your band geek costume and continue to suck at life.

They don't call me The Mean Farmer for nothing.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, TheMeanFarmer said:

Dear Band Member.

You are a BAND GEEK.   No one cares what you say, what you think, and your opinions of how 'enthusiastic' NU players, team, fans...whoever you meant...were in the wave is useless drivel coming from a biased BAND GEEK.

You don't get to be right.

You don't get 15 minutes of fame.

You don't get to drive this narrative.

Go practice your timpani wearing your band geek costume and continue to suck at life.

They don't call me The Mean Farmer for nothing.

Bruh.

Image result for facepalm

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, broganreynik said:

Man, Twitter needs to add the option to report a tweet as “fake news”.

Also, I was unaware of this “tradition”, so it’s entirely possible some players were. Even so, they were obviously waving.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't heard of it as you're obviously a fan of college football.  Do you only pay attention to Nebraska and generally shun all forms of media?  No snark intended, genuinely curious.

• Plus1 1