Iowa Band Member accuses Huskers of not participating in "The Wave"

Cdog923

Something ridiculous is posted every second of the day... That's why I don't facebook, Twitter, or use any other sites outside of a couple forms like this.  Most here are generally sane and provide interesting and intelligent conversation.  Not sure I could could stomach the daily BS if I did more.  

3 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

She sounds like a person I don't like.

Do you mean there's a person you don't like that she sounds like, or that she sounds like a person you wouldn't like if you met her?

Anyhow, I'm gonna be callous and maybe she'll tweet about me.

2 minutes is about 90 seconds too long for something like this.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm a bit surprised you haven't heard of it as you're obviously a fan of college football.  Do you only pay attention to Nebraska and generally shun all forms of media?  No snark intended, genuinely curious.

I follow college football quite a bit and I hadn't heard of it until two days ago.

It only started last year.  It's not like it's been a hallowed tradition for decades.  Not trying to make light of it, just stating the facts.  

We haven't played in Iowa since it started (until Friday).  I really don't know why anyone else would be expected to know about it (unless they had watched an Iowa home game recently).

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm a bit surprised you haven't heard of it as you're obviously a fan of college football.  Do you only pay attention to Nebraska and generally shun all forms of media?  No snark intended, genuinely curious.

I follow college football a fair amount, just don't give much of a rip about Iowa unless we are competing with them.

My social media feeds are usually all politics (thanks, Facebook) or mostly Husker news sources (seriously, thank you, Twitter).

My girlfriend went to Iowa and dragged me to the Purdue game last year. The wave lasts nearly the entire time between the end of the 1st quarter and the beginning of the 2nd. Not everyone is waving continuously the entire time.

It's a nice moment that helps put the game in perspective. It's unfortunate that an Iowa fan would ever use it as means to disparage or denigrate another school. 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I follow college football quite a bit and I hadn't heard of it until two days ago.

It only started last year.  It's not like it's been a hallowed tradition for decades.  Not trying to make light of it, just stating the facts.  

We haven't played in Iowa since it started (until Friday).  I really don't know why anyone else would be expected to know about it (unless they had watched an Iowa home game recently).

7 hours ago, broganreynik said:

I follow college football a fair amount, just don't give much of a rip about Iowa unless we are competing with them.

My social media feeds are usually all politics (thanks, Facebook) or mostly Husker news sources (seriously, thank you, Twitter).

Cool cool.  I appreciate your perspectives.

The only thing I'd push back against Mav is your last comment.  College Gameday has covered the story a few times (which is where I heard of it).