Why all the pregame trash talk?

Dicklies

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Iowans are very literal and do not understand figurative speech.

There's a name for that.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24165362

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Although people with Williams syndrome (WS) are often characterized as friendly and sociable with relatively good general language abilities, there is emerging evidence of pragmatic difficulties and trouble comprehending aspects of non-literal language.

AIMS:

The main aim was to investigate the comprehension of sarcasm, metaphor and simile in WS relative to typically developing controls. A secondary aim was to examine the association between non-literal language comprehension and a range of other cognitive abilities, both in WS and in the typically developing population.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Iowan said:

Coach donates one million( $1,000,000) of his salary and bonus money annually to the hospital.  The ambulances that arrive there carry sick and dying children.  Please show more sensitivity in remarks concerning that edifice.

At least you took the time to make an account on Huskerboard to fight imagined injustice.

Thanks for doing your part.

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ICHawk24 said:

That is the fourth year in the row that you folks have been saying that.

After this past game is the first time I’ve seen a Husker fan say it and the first time I’ve personally felt it. Just saying this line about Nebraska fans doesn’t make it true. I’m guessing you made it up because you’re hoping the story will stay the same.

Why would any Husker fan have thought Iowa was gonna quit beating us with Riley as our coach?

• Plus1 4

23 hours ago, Dicklies said:

Why all the thug SEC LIKE trash talking pregame amd walking over to the Iowa side of the field? Win or lose with some class please.

thug
/THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
  1. 1.
    a violent person, especially a criminal.
    synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More

2. 2.
    HISTORICAL
    a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed
    manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

I did notice some of this behavior during the pregame.  I was the one yelling 'I hope you continue to be suppressed by the British!'
  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 2