Why all the pregame trash talk?

Dicklies

22 minutes ago, ICHawk24 said:

You guys are obsessed with games that happened 20 years ago, or 20 years in the future.  

We are 5-5 with you over the last 10 meetings -arguably our worst stretch of football in program history.  That's as good as it gets for you.  Enjoy it now because it won't last and you know it.  

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, Iowan said:

Coach donates one million( $1,000,000) of his salary and bonus money annually to the hospital.  The ambulances that arrive there carry sick and dying children.  Please show more sensitivity in remarks concerning that edifice.

Could you provide links to verify the $1M donation per year claim?  That would be quite impressive......but I don't believe it.

2 hours ago, ICHawk24 said:

Four years in a row ahead of Nebraska.

Classic fan of mediocre team puffing out chest upon beating another mediocre team.  The squawks won fair and square, however, i like the trajectory of our mediocre team, over that one in Iowa, where they like to reward mediocrity with huge bonuses to the coach.  I guess, since one sanctimonious fan on here said Ferentz donates his medocrity reward to the hospital, consider it the last donation we'll make.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Could you provide links to verify the $1M donation per year claim?  That would be quite impressive......but I don't believe it.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/iowa/iowa-coach-kirk-ferentz-donates-million-to-stead-family-children/article_e604961e-8876-11e7-9554-7bf68f4746f3.html

Don't know if they donated again this year but it was to start a research program named after Kirk's granddaughter Savvy.

55 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/iowa/iowa-coach-kirk-ferentz-donates-million-to-stead-family-children/article_e604961e-8876-11e7-9554-7bf68f4746f3.html

Don't know if they donated again this year but it was to start a research program named after Kirk's granddaughter Savvy.

That's awesome of coach Ferentz to do that even if it was only a one time donation. But that's quite a bit different than the claim made by Iowan that the $1M was an annual deal. That just sounds overly generous to me.

55 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when Iowa gave up 14 points in the fourth quarter to lose to Wisconsin at home? Breaking the hearts of all those sick children watching from the hospital next door?

Nice work, Hawkeyes.

I can hear some of the older children now...."Great, you waved, now how about playing some damn football for once."

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That's awesome of coach Ferentz to do that even if it was only a one time donation. But that's quite a bit different than the claim made by Iowan that the $1M was an annual deal. That just sounds overly generous to me.

The article I read said Kirk had made multiple 6 figure donations. He lost a granddaughter at child birth. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

The article I read said Kirk had made multiple 6 figure donations. He lost a granddaughter at child birth. 

Like I said, kudos to him, that’s great. I probably shouldn’t be splitting this hair but I still haven’t seen proof of what Iowan claimed....$1M annually. Those six figure donations could be $100K, still awesome but it’s not what was claimed.

6 hours ago, ICHawk24 said:

Four years in a row ahead of Nebraska.

I tried to post this earlier but it wouldn't go. Not sure why. Trying again.

So you're unencumbered by the local Nebraska media pushing a narrative. You (presumably) grew up in a native Big Ten environment, (perhaps) unencumbered by that interloper, Penn State. You know the Big Ten as it was, and should be.

So, Nebraska comes along. They pimp this "rivalry" at us and create that godawful monstrosity of a trophy that both fan bases hate.

Still. I ask you. What does Iowa Fan think of Nebraska? Do you consider us a rival? Iowa has actual real traditional rivals in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Where, (if at all) does Nebraska rank amongst Iowa's actual factual rivals among actual real Iowa Hawkeye fans?

Thanks for taking my call. I'll hang up and listen.