Re-bump Scott Frost Mega Thread

When 5-year old Lily wrote Frost to invite him to her birthday party, the Nebraska head coach made sure to send a personal response to the young fan.

“Dear Lily, Thank you for your note,” Frost wrote on official Nebraska football stationary. “I’m sorry but I won’t be able to attend your birthday dinner. I hope that you have a great 5th birthday. Thank you for always watching our games and cheering for the Huskers. Go Big Red! - Scott Frost.”

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Is it just me or does Frost look five years younger than he did 13 months ago?

When he first arrived, between excitement for the new job, trying to jump start recruiting, still coaching UCF for the bowl game, and the new baby; he hadn't slept in days. Hopefully he's getting a bit more rest these days (but not too much rest).

• 2 weeks later...

Frost brings optimism, excitement in Chamber of Commerce speech

wbhez2xhs6shntyxpfej

***Frost reiterated how important continuity was for a coaching staff, saying it was one of the reasons Nebraska was so good for so long under Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. After keeping his staff together for the past three years, Frost finally lost an assistant this winter when defensive line coach Mike Dawson left to take a job in the NFL with the New York Giants.

Frost said there were “tears and emotion” involved when Dawson made his decision to leave, but he feels really good about the man who will replace Dawson: Tony Tuioti.

Frost said NU conducted a nation-wide search and believes they found the best fit in Tuioti not only because of his vast knowledge of the 3-4 defense, but also because he can “speak the language” of the rest of the staff.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, skers83 said:

I've seen that clip quite a few times. Still enjoy it. If it was in todays game Frost would probably get flagged. If he gets the whole  team playing like he played  Look Out.:restore 

Haha.  Yeah he probably would get flagged if that happened today but to me he led with the shoulder!!!

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, skers83 said:

I've seen that clip quite a few times. Still enjoy it. If it was in todays game Frost would probably get flagged. If he gets the whole  team playing like he played  Look Out.:restore 

I was at that Big 12 championship game and remember that block in real time. That was one of those "holy $h!t did you see that" moments that immediately confirmed that we were going to beat the hell out of TAMU that day.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I was at that Big 12 championship game and remember that block in real time. That was one of those "holy $h!t did you see that" moments that immediately confirmed that we were going to beat the hell out of TAMU that day.

And I'm guessing TAMU knew it as well. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, skers83 said:

I'm not saying he wouldn't get flagged...because we've seen some stupid flags on this penalty.

But, I don't think he should get flagged even under current rules.  He didn't leave his feet launching into the player.  He didn't use his head.  The player wasn't defenseless and the player could have made a play if he wasn't blocked.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying he wouldn't get flagged...because we've seen some stupid flags on this penalty.

But, I don't think he should get flagged even under current rules.  He didn't leave his feet launching into the player.  He didn't use his head.  The player wasn't defenseless and the player could have made a play if he wasn't blocked.

Totally agree with everything. Especially the stupid flags. Like suh93 said I believe he led with his shoulder.