Re-bump Scott Frost Mega Thread

29 minutes ago, lo country said:

I have a suspicion that this is the "culture" Frost is trying to instill.  No matter how good an opponent, getting punched in the mouth every play, from every position gets old.....And starts to get into your head.

Exactly.  I never played football, just soccer and basketball, but relentless energy never failed to get the other guy pissed at you and off his game.  I was never the most athletic, so I had to make up for it by going full Rudy all the time.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Exactly.  I never played football, just soccer and basketball, but relentless energy never failed to get the other guy pissed at you and off his game.  I was never the most athletic, so I had to make up for it by going full Rudy all the time.

So you mean you were offsides all the time?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

You never go full Rudy.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, runningblind said:

My dad's advise, "What you lack in athletic ability, make up with aggressive play".  

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

There has ALWAYS been "me first" attitudes.  I saw it on the football field in college as well back in the mid nineties.  The difference is willingness to work hard toward a goal (work ethic) and attention span.

It's the video game generation...and not that Final Fantasy VII video game generation where it takes you weeks upon weeks of gameplay to beat the game.  Kids began to expect to be able to have easy modes and beat the game in a day.  Attention spans dwindled sometime during this time frame.  That carries over into every facet of their lives.

I have a 21 year old son.  His attention span is tiny and he expects things to be quite simple all the time.  The only saving grace he had was that I conditioned him to understand what hard work can get you.  He's lucky he got that because not everyone does.

tl:dr

I don't think 'me first' has ever NOT existed on the football field.  There has always been players that put their own ability and their own performance ahead of the team.  I just think kids attention spans and work ethic has changed as evident in the way video games have shifted through the last 20 years.

My generation works hard and those kids are just lazy bums who don't know how to work hard for anything. I think its from that new music, just terrible. My generation will be the last great one...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, lo country said:

I have a suspicion that this is the "culture" Frost is trying to instill.  No matter how good an opponent, getting punched in the mouth every play, from every position gets old.....And starts to get into your head.

,I don't care much for Mike Tyson...but he has one of my all-time favorite quotes:  "Everybody got a plan till they get punched in the face."  And that was part of the 90s dominant teams.  You'd see good teams come to play the Huskers and the Huskers would just physically abuse them every play, to the point where they'd start to back off.  If you go watch replays, you'll see running backs going to the ground right before the LB would close for the hit, D-Linemen playing patty cake with our O-line rather than getting greased.  Players from that time will even attest to that.  Hope against hope Frost can re-instill that.  But it does take the talent to pull that off as well.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 5/10/2019 at 10:00 PM, lo country said:

That would be a penalty now, but what isn't.  Oh well, at least we would get another Capitol One commercial out of it.