Devine Ozigbo

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...

It's amazing how differently some players are viewed when they are in a system that produces results and with a staff that can develop players.  My argument for a long time was that Nebraska has talent.  It's just being vastly under utilized and developed.

As for Ozigbo.  It's possible that he's ultimately going to benefit from having only one year with Frost.  He had a great year, proved what he can do, was developed enough to shine to scouts at the Shrine Bowl/Combine.  BUT....his body hasn't been beaten up from heavy use the last 4 years.  An RBs body only has so man carries.  His should have many more to go.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As for Ozigbo.  It's possible that he's ultimately going to benefit from having only one year with Frost.  He had a great year, proved what he can do, was developed enough to shine to scouts at the Shrine Bowl/Combine.  BUT....his body hasn't been beaten up from heavy use the last 4 years.  An RBs body only has so man carries.  His should have many more to go.

It’s true backs only have so many carries in them, but Frost isn’t a high carry guy. Ozigbo had more games over 20 carries in 2017 than in 2018, and he appeared in two less games. The fact he had any games with that many carries in 2018 is mostly due to the lack of depth as Frost’s running backs at UCF didn’t record games of 20+ carries. 

Frost ideally wants his carries split between a couple of backs, his R, and his QB. He’s looking for a stable, not a bell cow.

10 minutes ago, brophog said:

It’s true backs only have so many carries in them, but Frost isn’t a high carry guy. Ozigbo had more games over 20 carries in 2017 than in 2018, and he appeared in two less games. The fact he had any games with that many carries in 2018 is mostly due to the lack of depth as Frost’s running backs at UCF didn’t record games of 20+ carries. 

Frost ideally wants his carries split between a couple of backs, his R, and his QB. He’s looking for a stable, not a bell cow.

Devine Ozigbo hadn't really thought about it until midway through his final fall as a Husker. It was about the time 1,000 rushing yards was coming into view and many were beginning to declare him the best story of Nebraska's season.

"My brother was talking to me like, ‘Yeah, (NFL) teams are going to look at you and say that’s a guy that doesn’t have many miles on him.' So that could be a beneficial thing," Ozigbo explained as the Huskers headed into November. "If it’s going to help, then that’s good. I guess I’d consider myself that way.”

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-devine-ozigbo/

Another unbiased profile on Ozigbo. If you are a fan of an NFL team without alot of knowledge of the college game, this sounds like a guy you would want on your team. He hasn't gotten a ton of love on other prospect rating sites yet, but I think he will rise up draft boards as he makes it through the process.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Devine Ozigbo