Devine Ozigbo

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I couldn't believe I was watching the Shrine Bowl, since they could barely get people to watch it live, but I did fast forward looking for Ozigbo.

Saw the touchdown but had to run errands in the second half. Did Devine get any second half touches?

Only ended up with 4 carries for 14 yards.  The other RBs for his team had 12 carries for 77 yards and 5 carries for 19 yards.

We're getting used to seeing Nebraska running backs getting drafted only to be misused, unused, or put behind terrible lines by the teams that draft them. 

Roy Helu - Although he spent time injured at Washington, it seemed like he was penalized and lost his position every time he came back. 

Rex Burkhead - Bengals barely used him - All the better for the Pats. I had hoped he'd get drafted there in the first place - great fit. 

Abudllah - Lions- do they even have an o-line? - Hoping he catches on somewhere quick - he's too good to not be on the field. Don't think Vikings is the best fit though.

I'm eager to see a Husker RB drafted and put to work. I'm going to caveat this by saying, I'm not a fan of their's but I'd love to see Ziggy playing for the Chiefs. I think it'd be a great fit and he'd tear it up for them. What say you Huskerboard?

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

We're getting used to seeing Nebraska running backs getting drafted only to be misused, unused, or put behind terrible lines by the teams that draft them. 

Roy Helu - Although he spent time injured at Washington, it seemed like he was penalized and lost his position every time he came back. 

Rex Burkhead - Bengals barely used him - All the better for the Pats. I had hoped he'd get drafted there in the first place - great fit. 

Abudllah - Lions- do they even have an o-line? - Hoping he catches on somewhere quick - he's too good to not be on the field. Don't think Vikings is the best fit though.

I'm eager to see a Husker RB drafted and put to work. I'm going to caveat this by saying, I'm not a fan of their's but I'd love to see Ziggy playing for the Chiefs. I think it'd be a great fit and he'd tear it up for them. What say you Huskerboard?

Andy Reid RB's have to be able to catch passes. He's going to have some work to do in that area to prove he can fit the offense's needs. Personally I think he'd do much better in an offense that relies on a power running game, like Minnesota or Jacksonville, where he can get a lot of carries. Those teams both have RBs already, but that would be a better scheme fit for him.

Reid likes under the radar RBs, though - he doesn't spend high picks on them very often. He also typically likes small school guys. So who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Devine Ozigbo