Now that the season is over for us.

6 hours ago, I am I said:

Just off hand, how great he really turned out...was Suh highly regarded nationally? 

I think Suh was in the nation's top 40-50 range on Rivals.  He was kind of a late pickup by Callahan if I remember correctly.  Probably a little overshadowed at the time by skill guys like Lucky, Beck, and Leon Jackson.  Jackson was another player with a lot of hype that left after a year or so.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, KazLongDrives300 said:

I think Suh was in the nation's top 40-50 range on Rivals.  He was kind of a late pickup by Callahan if I remember correctly.  Probably a little overshadowed at the time by skill guys like Lucky, Beck, and Leon Jackson.  Jackson was another player with a lot of hype that left after a year or so.

I have read that Suh was considering a transfer after his sophomore season but stayed and thrived.

• Plus1 2
On 11/27/2018 at 8:27 AM, TonyStalloni said:

For all Husker fans, about all we have is recruiting till spring ball. I was thinking this morning about many of the past recruits we have coveted and when they became Huskers but for some reason they flamed out and never became what we had hoped.  On the other hand there were some players who came in relatively unheralded at least on a national scale but became very good to great players.

My list of kids who didn't succeed:  (Not meant to be critical of these players as there are many reasons a young man doesn't have success.  They peaked in high school,  didn't care for the culture here,  injury,  got into trouble etc.)

Tyler Moore, Johnny Stanton, Adam Taylor, Kevin Gladney, Jordan Stevenson, Collins Okafor.

Then there are the players who weren't highly regarded nationally who rose up to become great players for the Huskers:

LaVonte David,  Roy Helu,  Rex Burkhead,  Alphonso Dennard,  Taylor Martinez (debatable on greatness level but I always thought he gave 100%),  Ameer Abdullah

With recruiting in full swing in the coming weeks we will have high expectations for all of them but which do you think will exceed expectations?

Add your selections to the list if you want.

David was the number 1 juco recruit in the nation according to some.  Rex was the Texas Gatorade player of year if I recall.   Hello Helu was recruited by top tier programs.  Ameer had late hard interest from Auburn.   Those guys were pretty highly regarded as incoming football players. 

• Plus1 1

Guess I didn’t know Suh had that much hype! Glad he played up to it. 

I also always thought Mendoza was just so flashy and talented, I think that the coaches didn’t know how to use him or he probably had no grasp of the playbook. 

Aa far as janovich, on the college levers he could’ve done a lot more for us. They needed to feature him. Screens, draws, short yardage, power sets. He could’ve been more than a “fullback” for us. In the pros tho, yeah, not many fullback opportunities. 

On 11/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, Redux said:

I've spent the last few days pissing off Iowa fans on Twitter.....I'm sure there are more important things I could be doing but this just feels right.

f#&% Iowa

Don't sweat it, we are clearly going to outclass IA again starting next year.  Our offense is Chess and theirs is checkers.

47 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I agree with you on Ethan.  I watched him chase down a kid on a punt return and caught him at the 3 yard line.  He came out of nowhere and beat his own defensive back to the ball.  I'd be surprised if he stays on defense.  He looks like more of a guard, to me.

I agree Ethan will be the quick pulling guard in the future.  He has a huge motor for a man his size and he's only going to get stronger and faster.

8 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Here's a list of guys that came into the program with some pretty decent hype but really didn't pan out either because of injury or something else:  DeAngelo Evans, David Horne, Thunder Collins, and Randy Stella. 

I remember buying NCAA Football 2002 and wondering why they had a LB as the kick returner. Dude was an athlete, too bad he couldn't keep everything else together.

For this class, I really like Myles Farmer and Jackson Hannah. Farmer just hits people, and Hannah might be a stretch to say 'not highly regarded,' but he is only a 3 star and I think he'll dramatically outperform the regular 3 star expectations.

2 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Don't sweat it, we are clearly going to outclass IA again starting next year.  Our offense is Chess and theirs is checkers.

Not if you ask them.  They are all internally terrified of us and won't admit it out loud.  But yeah, we are going to start curb stomping them and it will be beautiful.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I remember buying NCAA Football 2002 and wondering why they had a LB as the kick returner. Dude was an athlete, too bad he couldn't keep everything else together.

For this class, I really like Myles Farmer and Jackson Hannah. Farmer just hits people, and Hannah might be a stretch to say 'not highly regarded,' but he is only a 3 star and I think he'll dramatically outperform the regular 3 star expectations.

Any time I would house a kickoff (which was like every other time) against my brother, I would just yell ”Randy Stella is a Stella playa!” Fun times.

• Haha 1