1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If we're going to teach partisanship, I'd rather teach students that both parties actively work against the interest of Americans and that they should both be discarded with extreme prejudice. At least that might help students to question the motives of the people in power rather than to have them believe that one party is the good and the other is bad and evil when the truth is that both are evil.

Yeah, all those Democrats openly railing against Democracy sure are making the news!

In all seriousness, stop trying to both sides this issue. One party has convinced huge swaths of their voters that the previous election was "stolen" and the other did not. One party replaced their electors in Michigan and the other party did not. This is just one of many stories that are similar.  (https://www.npr.org/2022/05/04/1096641003/republicans-in-michigan-have-replaced-election-officials-who-certified-bidens-wi)

One party believes in Climate change and offers poor-to-mediocre solutions and the other calls it a hoax by China.

I understand that the best way to rationalize your tacit support for Republicans is to equate the two parties, but for the love of God get a reality check. It's not close.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, all those Democrats openly railing against Democracy sure are making the news!

In all seriousness, stop trying to both sides this issue. One party has convinced huge swaths of their voters that the previous election was "stolen" and the other did not. One party replaced their electors in Michigan and the other party did not. This is just one of many stories that are similar.  (https://www.npr.org/2022/05/04/1096641003/republicans-in-michigan-have-replaced-election-officials-who-certified-bidens-wi)

One party believes in Climate change and offers poor-to-mediocre solutions and the other calls it a hoax by China.

I understand that the best way to rationalize your tacit support for Republicans is to equate the two parties, but for the love of God get a reality check. It's not close.

Regarding "democracy" - Please tell me about the 2016 election.... I recall bascially the entire democratic party and their media allies talking non-stop for about 3 years about how the only way that Trump won the election is because Putin helped him.

You can attempt to claim that the Democratic party isn't as corrupt as the Republican party all you want, but the facts do not support that claim.

Edit to add: Not only did Democrats claim the 2016 election was stolen and convince a gigantic portion of their base that it was, they entrapped and spied on candidate Trump, then fabricated and doctored evidence to prop up their sham of a claim. Then prominent Dems such as Adam Schiff went on national TV and told their audience that they had seen the evidence that would put the nail in orange man's coffin, and they knew they were lying the entire time.

Give me a break with the self-righteous non-sense.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Regarding "democracy" - Please tell me about the 2016 election.... I recall bascially the entire democratic party and their media allies talking non-stop for about 3 years about how the only way that Trump won the election is because Putin helped him.

The distinction between this and 2020 would be that Putin did help Trump, that's actually factually true, and the Democrats (with very few exceptions) still admitted that Trump won.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The distinction between this and 2020 would be that Putin did help Trump, that's actually factually true, and the Democrats (with very few exceptions) still admitted that Trump won.

HAHA! So not only is that certifiably false, it also creates a false equivalency between the standards you're setting for Dems vs the ones you're critiquing Trump for... 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

HAHA! So not only is that certifiably false, it also creates a false equivalency between the standards you're setting for Dems vs the ones you're critiquing Trump for... 

Let's take it step by step then. Show me a half dozen examples of Democrats, you can even use random citizens doesn't have to be party leaders, claiming that Hillary Clinton was secretly the President from 2016-2020 and predictions that they would soon inaugurate her.

The distinction is in the details.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Equating the Dems after 2016 with the Republicans after 2020 is a drastic exaggeration and you know it.  There was a peaceful transition of power and Clinton basically went out of public life.  That is completely different than what we are seeing now.  Were there people that still talked about it?  Sure....but how many rallies did Clinton old across the US over the next 3 years?  How much damage to the US capital happened in January 2017 from peaceful vacationers visiting the capital?  How many people died from it?

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Equating the Dems after 2016 with the Republicans after 2020 is a drastic exaggeration and you know it.  There was a peaceful transition of power and Clinton basically went out of public life.  That is completely different than what we are seeing now.  Were there people that still talked about it?  Sure....but how many rallies did Clinton old across the US over the next 3 years?  How much damage to the US capital happened in January 2017 from peaceful vacationers visiting the capital?  How many people died from it?

The damage done with the psychotic Russia narrative post 2016 was FAR worse than anything that's happened post 2020. You just weren't told by your overlords to be outraged about the Democrats and media framing their political opponents and lying their asses off about it for 3+ years, and you've also been programmed that orange man is the most evil politician ever to hold office in America. So there's that.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The damage done with the psychotic Russia narrative post 2016 was FAR worse than anything that's happened post 2020. You just weren't told by your overlords to be outraged about the Democrats and media framing their political opponents and lying their asses off about it for 3+ years, and you've also been programmed that orange man is the most evil politician ever to hold office in America. So there's that.

That's laughable.

Are you looking up to see how much damage was done to the capital and how many died in January of 2017?

And.......I'm the one programed.  Got it.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

You found a school that is 0% political in any way? No questions in any class, any year like the one you posted above? No references to God, no references to race or gender?

I find that a little difficult to believe.

I think you read things into posts that are not really there. I guess I need to be very specific. Everywhere has politics, but I have yet to see anything this political in a classroom. It’s also K through 8. My wife helps in the classrooms and there is lots of homework, and we get to see most of it. Heck the school put up an Angel Tree one Christmas which is a way for families to buy gift for kids who have one or more parents that are incarcerated. Because it was a Christmas tree someone got offended and they took it down and didn’t do that service project again. So yes they stopped doing a good thing because one family complained. Politics.

Just now, nic said:

I think you read things into posts that are not really there. I guess I need to be very specific. Everywhere has politics, but I have yet to see anything this political in a classroom. It’s also K through 8. My wife helps in the classrooms and there is lots of homework, and we get to see most of it. Heck the school put up an Angel Tree one Christmas which is a way for families to buy gift for kids who have one or more parents that are incarcerated. Because it was a Christmas tree someone got offended and they took it down and didn’t do that service project again. So yes they stopped doing a good thing because one family complained. Politics.

I read what you wrote.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You mean the "Russia narrative" that was verified by all of America's intelligence agencies

Ridiculous and hilarious all at the same time. 

Russian accounts bought a whopping $100,000 of ads on facebook, not in support of a candidate, and not in reference to the election at all.

LINK

Stamos said the company had reviewed “a range of activity” to discern what had happened in this instance, but he noted that the majority of ads purchased by these accounts didn’t specifically refer to the United States election, or any of the presidential candidates. Instead, he explained, the ads mainly focused on controversial issues.

“The ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights,” he said.

And yet here you are continuing to promote propaganda. 

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's laughable.

Are you looking up to see how much damage was done to the capital and how many died in January of 2017?

And.......I'm the one programed.  Got it.

Deaths that can be directly tied to the J6 riot? 2. If you count the 4 that committed suicide afterward, then 6. That's being pretty generous. And I've been quite clear that anyone who actually committed violence should be charged and prosecuted. But the idea that it was a terrorist attack, an insurrection, or a coup attempt is a complete and total joke.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1