6 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Definitely not anyone who tries to tell me how I should think or what I should be allowed to do.

The real question is: WHY, after mountains of evidence of horrendous malfeasance, corruption, and lying to the American people would ANYONE trust a single person within the federal government or its bureaucracies? ESPECIALLY after the last 2 years of constant lying and manipulation by public officials...

You are in this thread defending a guy who is currently arguing in court he conveniently lost FOUR cell phones that could implicate his company to fraud. Just like his aides conveniently burned evidence. And top secret documents conveniently showed up at his crappy golf resort.

It is possible to walk and chew bubble gum. There are in fact different degrees of bad. And I understand that the federal government is the devil incarnate to Libertarians (who are not entirely wrong) but getting in bed with that scumbag really undermines your credibility.

• Plus1 4

44 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You are in this thread defending a guy who is currently arguing in court he conveniently lost FOUR cell phones that could implicate his company to fraud. Just like his aides conveniently burned evidence. And top secret documents conveniently showed up at his crappy golf resort.

It is possible to walk and chew bubble gum. There are in fact different degrees of bad. And I understand that the federal government is the devil incarnate to Libertarians (who are not entirely wrong) but getting in bed with that scumbag really undermines your credibility.

No one's getting in bed with him. My position has been pretty clear:

1) There are plenty of criticisms I could level toward Trump, but reasons anti Trumpers use to hate him are largely silly and most times exaggerated &

2) Trump's corruption is no anomaly when it comes to presidents or politicians at large. Almost all of them, especially over the past 100 years, have been pretty horrendously crooked individuals. Most of them just receive cover by the media and the bureaucracies that Trump did not receive.

Somehow that makes me a Trump worshipper on this forum... So frankly, if you can't acknowledge the absolutely reasonable points I put forth then I don't really care what you think about my credibility

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

1) There are plenty of criticisms I could level toward Trump, but reasons anti Trumpers use to hate him are largely silly and most times exaggerated &

2) Trump's corruption is no anomaly when it comes to presidents or politicians at large. Almost all of them, especially over the past 100 years, have been pretty horrendously crooked individuals. Most of them just receive cover by the media and the bureaucracies that Trump did not receive.

Somehow that makes me a Trump worshipper on this forum... So frankly, if you can't acknowledge the absolutely reasonable points I put forth then I don't really care what you think about my credibility

This shows horrendously poor judgment. Let's just leave it at that.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Actually the entirety of your 1) item is what makes you a Trump worshiper. You “could” level criticism towards Trump, but you don’t. And the delusional part is that you think anti Trumpers reasons are silly and exaggerated. Wow. Just wow.

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This shows horrendously poor judgment. Let's just leave it at that.

You’re way too effin nice :D

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Definitely not anyone who tries to tell me how I should think or what I should be allowed to do.

The real question is: WHY, after mountains of evidence of horrendous malfeasance, corruption, and lying to the American people would ANYONE trust a single person within the federal government or its bureaucracies? ESPECIALLY after the last 2 years of constant lying and manipulation by public officials...

Hahahaha. 

We all know that private businesses have been dramatically increasing retirement benefits for decades, so the Social Security Administration should just be axed.

Private health insurance plans notoriously are stable and can totally handle adding dramatically aging Boomers to their risk pools, so we should do away with Medicare.

Private industry notoriously provides excellent services for prisons, we should privatize that too. 

Americans love toll roads, we should ax the Department of Transportation. 

Corporations have historically done an excellent job with the environment, especially regarding climate change. We should cut all environmental regulations.

Working conditions for American workers were excellent in the late 1800s and early 1900s. We should immediately defend OSHA and deregulated labor rules. 

Since 2008 was a highlight of capitalism, we should immediately deregulated the banking industry (including the pesky FDIC, why should I care about other people's money?!) So we can relive the glory days of finance in 2007.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

:yeah

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Is there something inherently wrong with this outside of finding it annoying and try hard?

It is not hard.  I have more than a few students that let me know how they want to be identified as, and even change their names (that seems to be really popular right now)

I just want to know why I can't identify as 70 years old and collect social security now.  Why should I not be allowed to do that?  Why should the government get to decide how old I am?

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow. 

Oh man...I did a 35 page paper on this topic but there was no pandemic to blame it on and write about!  So I had to stick to the lame basics...pay...blah blah blah...bad administrations...blah blah blah...bad kids...blah blah blah.

Don't worry, I left out "annoying parents who know everything" from my paper.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Actually the entirety of your 1) item is what makes you a Trump worshiper. You “could” level criticism towards Trump, but you don’t. And the delusional part is that you think anti Trumpers reasons are silly and exaggerated. Wow. Just wow.

Yeah....."I could criticize Trump....but instead, I'm going to criticize people who criticize Trump".

Makes sense.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Don't worry, I left out "annoying parents who know everything" from my paper.

I was gonna say you left one out. I always wonder what teachers think of my wife and I. My daughter did a biography bottle project and chose Susan B. Anthony. I told my wife she should have done Samual Adams and brought the teacher a bottle of the actual beer. My wife did an entire 6 pack of Sam Adams and wrote “I chose Sam Adams for my Bio Bottle project because he makes a really great beer.”  The teacher loved it. It made her Facebook page as the best bio bottle project ever.