3 minutes ago, nic said:

I was gonna say you left one out. I always wonder what teachers think of my wife and I. My daughter did a biography bottle project and chose Susan B. Anthony. I told my wife she should have done Samual Adams and brought the teacher a bottle of the actual beer. My wife did an entire 6 pack of Sam Adams and wrote “I chose Sam Adams for my Bio Bottle project because he makes a really great beer.”  The teacher loved it. It made her Facebook page as the best bio bottle project ever.

Just for clarification.

Your daughter took a 6 pack of beer to school for a project and gave it to the teacher?

3 minutes ago, nic said:

I was gonna say you left one out. I always wonder what teachers think of my wife and I. My daughter did a biography bottle project and chose Susan B. Anthony. I told my wife she should have done Samual Adams and brought the teacher a bottle of the actual beer. My wife did an entire 6 pack of Sam Adams and wrote “I chose Sam Adams for my Bio Bottle project because he makes a really great beer.”  The teacher loved it. It made her Facebook page as the best bio bottle project ever.

Ha!

I have had more than a few parents bring me booze/beers over the years and a ton that have given me Husker tickets, skybox passes, Champions passes, Jays tickets...I have seen a ton out at Husker games and they invite me and my friends over to party or at the CWS and they invite me and my friends over to their corporate tents.  Stuff like that.

The parent breakdown is like this.

5%:  Totally amazing and love helping out and totally hook up teachers.

90%:  Never hear from them at all, totally fine

5%:  Super insane nutjobs that ruin the names of all other parents.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just for clarification.

Your daughter took a 6 pack of beer to school for a project and gave it to the teacher?

No my daughter did Susan B. My wife did the Sam Adams project after the fact. :laughpound

• Oh Yeah! 2
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, I was going to say your daughter is probably the badass of the class if that were the case.

I did suggest that my daughter do one bottle of Sam Adams for the project. She gave me look that suggested I was no longer the adult in the room and shot down the idea.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, nic said:

I did suggest that my daughter do one bottle of Sam Adams for the project. She gave me look that suggested I was no longer the adult in the room and shot down the idea.

While being a father going through these projects, that look was always my goal.  It proved that i was doing my job.

Funny thing is, now that their adults and dealing with adult questions, sometimes I get that same look without trying.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha!

I have had more than a few parents bring me booze/beers over the years and a ton that have given me Husker tickets, skybox passes, Champions passes, Jays tickets...I have seen a ton out at Husker games and they invite me and my friends over to party or at the CWS and they invite me and my friends over to their corporate tents.  Stuff like that.

The parent breakdown is like this.

5%:  Totally amazing and love helping out and totally hook up teachers.

90%:  Never hear from them at all, totally fine

5%:  Super insane nutjobs that ruin the names of all other parents.

You were being groomed

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think what education needs is more parents and non teachers on school boards. Oh and firemen too. Firemen with their brand new trucks, that’s what school boards really need.

:P

You son of a b!^@h!  Hahaha

The "new" thing that the firemen do at thee fancy station near me, after they park their brand new trucks...they walk in the parking lot, like they were old mall walkers.  They just, walk.  

Here is the Gretna fire station.  And again, these guys should take every cent that we, the taxpayers, areee dumb enough to give them.

image.png.1d119422abd87cc6bb76e71292a56e57.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You son of a b!^@h!  Hahaha

The "new" thing that the firemen do at thee fancy station near me, after they park their brand new trucks...they walk in the parking lot, like they were old mall walkers.  They just, walk.  

Here is the Gretna fire station.  And again, these guys should take every cent that we, the taxpayers, areee dumb enough to give them.

image.png.1d119422abd87cc6bb76e71292a56e57.png

Teach thinks the movie Roxeanne is an underground documentary on the wastefulness of fire departments and how fire fighters don't do anything but get cats out of trees and do fake drills and practice sessions all day. 

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Teach thinks the movie Roxeanne is an underground documentary on the wastefulness of fire departments and how fire fighters don't do anything but get cats out of trees and do fake drills and practice sessions all day. 

Hahhahaha!

Oh my god, I saw that movie in the theater!  

I am crying!  

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow.....  Yeah...go ahead and ignore the people who are experts in the areas you think you are fixing.:facepalm:

Hmmm, who on this site has been pushing for the experts in their field to be the ones that make the choices for that field and keep the non-experts out.  

I do like seeing that you came around to my side :)

I wonder if they give the teachers a gun in the school colors??