2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hmmm, who on this site has been pushing for the experts in their field to be the ones that make the choices for that field and keep the non-experts out.  

I do like seeing that you came around to my side :)

I wonder if they give the teachers a gun in the school colors??

Dude....you try too hard at this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/13/2022 at 6:34 AM, nic said:

Over half the states now gone….even Wiscy.

“With the Wisconsin Association of School Boards' (WASB) decision to cut ties with the National School Boards Association (NSBA), more than half of the nation's state school board associations have withdrawn from the group since it sent a letter to the Justice Department to investigate parents for "domestic terrorism."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

An opinion piece from FOX so filter it as needed, but can anyone explain to me what is wrong with the statements below? Some of them just seem like type A personality traits. They are part of teacher training in a district.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/proof-critical-race-theory-taught-schools

In this section, it takes dozens of traits like the following and assigns them to "whiteness":

-"Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group."

-"Independence and autonomy highly valued and rewarded."

-"Be polite."

-"Must always ‘do something’ about a situation."

-"Hard work is the key to success" and "work before play."

-"Emphasis on scientific method."

-"Adherence to rigid time schedules" and "plan for the future."

-"Nuclear family (father, mother, 2.3 children) is the ideal social unit."

4 hours ago, nic said:

An opinion piece from FOX so filter it as needed, but can anyone explain to me what is wrong with the statements below? Some of them just seem like type A personality traits. They are part of teacher training in a district.

In this section, it takes dozens of traits like the following and assigns them to "whiteness":

-"Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group."

-"Be polite."

In the article there are three images of the resources the author is critiquing.

Pretty much all the information in those resources seemed to be fairly accurate, especially with the perspective and tone of the Fox News author.

21 hours ago, funhusker said:

In the article there are three images of the resources the author is critiquing.

Pretty much all the information in those resources seemed to be fairly accurate, especially with the perspective and tone of the Fox News author.

I do not see why this is part of training for the teachers, or why the students need it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Because not all students grow up with the same environment and/or cultures and it’s doesn’t hurt for teachers to be sensitive to that fact.

Do you find yourself teaching the girls in your class a bit differently, since I am guessing you have mostly guys in your classes?  Or is it not that way in MS?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Do you find yourself teaching the girls in your class a bit differently, since I am guessing you have mostly guys in your classes?  Or is it not that way in MS?

I get them all in middle school.

But I do handle kids that I know have past “shop experience” very differently.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I get them all in middle school.

But I do handle kids that I know have past “shop experience” very differently.

Those kids get to wear sunglasses instead of safety goggles, they get to chew/vape and their workstation gets a nudie calendar. 

• Oh Yeah! 2
On 6/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, nic said:

-"Be polite."

What about this is "Critical Race Theory?"

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Those kids get to wear sunglasses instead of safety goggles, they get to chew/vape and their workstation gets a nudie calendar. 

That.  And instead of saying things like “it’s okay, you’re learning”, I say things like “what the f#&% were you thinking there?”

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
56 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What about this is "Critical Race Theory?"

Content. I don't care what you call it. Seeing the actual content is more important. Seeing how it's delivered even better.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1