2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Ordering things TODAY for a smooth start?  Do you guys start in March?!?! :P

Great post!

We had a lot of remodeling and moving of a few classrooms.   We had our new teachers come in and ask for things for their classrooms.  I had a late order for a few items in their classrooms.  I know you were being a smart alec, but I thought I should explain myself.  Thank you for what you guys do.  

It has been a great discussion I was following.  I do think that many people have a lot of opinions about what we should be doing in education, but few are willing to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ignoring the fact that race based layoffs should be illegal, basing it on seniority is a problem.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-teachers-union-agreement-stipulates-white-teachers-laid-off-first-regardless-seniority

"if excessing a teacher who is a member of a population underrepresented among licensed teachers in the site, the district shall excess the next least senior teacher, who is not a member of an underrepresented population."

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Uju Anya. Distinguished professor at Carnegie Mellon. 

"I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating.

“If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star.

“That wretched woman and her bloodthirsty throne have f***** generations of my ancestors on both sides of the family, and she supervised a government that sponsored the genocide my parents and siblings survived. May she die in agony.”

3 hours ago, nic said:

Uju Anya. Distinguished professor at Carnegie Mellon. 

"I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating.

“If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star.

“That wretched woman and her bloodthirsty throne have f***** generations of my ancestors on both sides of the family, and she supervised a government that sponsored the genocide my parents and siblings survived. May she die in agony.”

People that wish agony and pain on people already dead, including the worst examples of human beings including Hitler, are f#&%ing r***rds.

• Haha 1

Hopefully Princeton becomes the leader in this endeavor and more schools follow suit so it’s not just a one off situation.  These schools have enormous endowments and should be used to get a better variety of students from different income bases as long as the quality is still there.  

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

People that wish agony and pain on people already dead, including the worst examples of human beings including Hitler, are f#&%ing r***rds.

Yeah...I hope that Ted Bundy guy is super happy in the afterlife,  dude made a few little mistakes, just a lapse in judgment, like 60 times,  I hope he is at peace now.

I am one of those weirdos that think the worst kind of humans ARE Hitler and Bundy...Call me crazy!

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully Princeton becomes the leader in this endeavor and more schools follow suit so it’s not just a one off situation.  These schools have enormous endowments and should be used to get a better variety of students from different income bases as long as the quality is still there.  

No this is terrible! How dare they get something for free! :facepalm: - Wait, because someone else is paying for it, its ok huh Archy? 

4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

No this is terrible! How dare they get something for free! :facepalm: - Wait, because someone else is paying for it, its ok huh Archy? 

I understand that you are being disingenuous on purpose and you obviously understand the difference between tax money and a private endowment and difference between loan bailout and scholarships earned so no real point in getting into this further with you.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1