Just now, GSG said:

No 

Aren't you? 

You research and draft a roster. Some leagues require you to stay within a salary cap.

You create a team name. Sometimes you create a team logo or avatar. 

You conduct trades, you start/bench players, you cut guys from the roster. 

• Fire 1

Just now, knapplc said:

Aren't you? 

You research and draft a roster. Some leagues require you to stay within a salary cap.

You create a team name. Sometimes you create a team logo or avatar. 

You conduct trades, you start/bench players, you cut guys from the roster. 

Nope 

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We used to play D&D for hours.  It was such a blast.  

I never actually got into D&D; nobody played in the small town I grew up in. The amount of hours I've spent playing RPG video games is staggering, though. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

On one hand, you're creating a persona, choosing how that persona performs based on stats and leaving the final outcome of whether or not you defeat your opponent up to chance. 

On the other....

Creating a persona? Nope 

31 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Did you have a favorite RPG video game?

Japanese: Chrono Trigger

Sci-Fi: Mass Effect

Western: Skyrim

Elden Ring is the latest one I've fallen neck-deep into; I don't typically like Souls-style games, but it's fantastic. 

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I never actually got into D&D; nobody played in the small town I grew up in. The amount of hours I've spent playing RPG video games is staggering, though. 

I did not play D&D much either. Too many types of dice. :D I found a similar game from England called Tunnels and Trolls. Much easier to play and based more on Tolkien. D&D became too elaborate.

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

We used to play D&D for hours.  It was such a blast.  

I played back in junior high and high school with my friends before we could drive and then whenever we had no gas money. Then over the pandemic I started playing again with my brothers on video chat. Good fun.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
16 hours ago, nic said:

I did not play D&D much either. Too many types of dice. :D I found a similar game from England called Tunnels and Trolls. Much easier to play and based more on Tolkien. D&D became too elaborate.

That looks like it would be a lot of fun, and much more accessable than old-school D&D.