• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, nic said:

No, it wasn't ONLY her language that only got her fired.  Read the letter yourself: https://will-law.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Darlingh-Letter-from-DPI-Redacted.pdf

"You are also on video stating you oppose gender identity ideology from entering your school building.  You say none of your students will ever transition socially or medically under your 'f***ing watch.'"

If you worked as a police officer and publicly said, "I think that everybody is a criminal until I deem them not to be," you think you'd keep your job?

Not to mention, she voluntarily resigned.  She could have fought it if she thought she was on the side of right.

EDIT - I know that the topic here is that she has a First Amendment right to say what she wants to.  It's her time, she wasn't working, yada yada.

I agree with that - you get to say what you want to.  I respect that.

If a person wants to use a racial slur towards me (which has happened more times than I could count) then they are well within their right to do so.

It's constitutionally protected.

So is burning a flag.  So was Colin Kaepernick's kneeling and not standing for the national anthem.

So why are we supposed to point our finger at those that do the latter and protect the former?

If you believe in the Constitution, you have to apply the law equally.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Last year, Hoffman was a mediocre cross-country runner on Seattle Academy’s boys’ team. During freshman year, Aspen Hoffman competed as a boy and finished 72nd in the League finals. Now, as a sophomore competing as a girl, Hoffman broke Seattle Academy’s school record in the girls’ 5000-meter category and ranks 1st in League. Hoffman’s time in the 5000-meter would rank him 48th if he had competed in the boys’ division.  Earlier this semester, Hoffman took 2nd at Districts, qualifying Seattle Academy for the State championship. 

I am all for it!  But I wonder what the girls think.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Last year, Hoffman was a mediocre cross-country runner on Seattle Academy’s boys’ team. During freshman year, Aspen Hoffman competed as a boy and finished 72nd in the League finals. Now, as a sophomore competing as a girl, Hoffman broke Seattle Academy’s school record in the girls’ 5000-meter category and ranks 1st in League. Hoffman’s time in the 5000-meter would rank him 48th if he had competed in the boys’ division.  Earlier this semester, Hoffman took 2nd at Districts, qualifying Seattle Academy for the State championship. 

I am all for it!  But I wonder what the girls think.  

I’m sure they are thinking  WTF is this unfair BS. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1