5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Which part of "sex determination is an active area of research that should yield a more sophisticated understanding in years to come" troubles you so?

The willingness to explore something we may not fully understand?

The possibility of a more sophisticated understanding in the future?

Scientific curiosity? 

Textbooks adapting as more information becomes available, as they always have?

Left entirely to God, the animal kingdom is rife with curious inconsistencies involving biological sex. If Nicole and the folks sharing this post have a problem, bring it up with Him. 

Dude just posted a tweet,  with no commentary at all.  Relax bro...hahaha

With that said, if we can (and we should) offer this, we should offer up things like picking your age, sexuality,  marriage to anyone/anything religion,  prayer...you name it, we should offer up the chance for kids to discuss and take part in it.

Learning  and talking about 'it" is the key to better understanding.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Dude chose that tweet out of millions to post, presumably looking for a reaction.

So I gave him one.

Because I'm a giving person.

Are you actually mansplaining how relaxed I should or shouldn't be? 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

With that said, if we can (and we should) offer this, we should offer up things like picking your age, sexuality,  marriage to anyone/anything religion,  prayer...you name it, we should offer up the chance for kids to discuss and take part in it.

Learning  and talking about 'it" is the key to better understanding.  

Dude just asked some legitimate questions and gave his opinion. Relax. 

As for your opinion.

It's just science, man. Relax.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Which part of "sex determination is an active area of research that should yield a more sophisticated understanding in years to come" troubles you so?

The willingness to explore something we may not fully understand?

The possibility of a more sophisticated understanding in the future?

Scientific curiosity? 

Textbooks adapting as more information becomes available, as they always have?

Left entirely to God, the animal kingdom is rife with curious inconsistencies involving biological sex. If Nicole and the folks sharing this post have a problem, bring it up with Him. 

My wife currently has a child in her unit that they had to retract the assignment of sex from the birth certificate.  Different doctors from different specialties are actually meeting and cooperatively working together to determine what this baby "should be"....

They are looking at biological structures such as what type of organs are present.  They are looking at genes.  They are looking at a lot more than if there is a "peepee" or not.

• Plus1 4
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Dude chose that tweet out of millions to post, presumably looking for a reaction.

So I gave him one.

Because I'm a giving person.

Are you actually mansplaining how relaxed I should or shouldn't be? 

You are assuming he was looking for a reaction.  And you gave it to him.  

And of course I am mansplaining.  

33 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Dude just asked some legitimate questions and gave his opinion. Relax. 

As for your opinion.

It's just science, man. Relax.

I agree with them teaching all that stuff.   I even listed out all the things they should let kids explore.  They should even be allowed and encouraged to teach children that it is okay to not "listen" to everything that their parents say and think learn to think for themselves. 

We agree!  So, take a chill pill and relax :)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I agree with them teaching all that stuff.   I even listed out all the things they should let kids explore.  They should even be allowed and encouraged to teach children that it is okay to not "listen" to everything that their parents say and think learn to think for themselves. 

NOBODY TELLS ME TO RELAX!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My wife currently has a child in her unit that they had to retract the assignment of sex from the birth certificate.  Different doctors from different specialties are actually meeting and cooperatively working together to determine what this baby "should be"....

They are looking at biological structures such as what type of organs are present.  They are looking at genes.  They are looking at a lot more than if there is a "peepee" or not.

Back when nobody was debating this stuff, at least 15 years ago, we stumbled onto a PBS documentary on sex and gender, and I was shocked to learn the percentage of newborn babies who had "conflicted" or not clearly defined genitalia, at which point the OB/GYN surgically made the decision for them. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I will say how interesting this whole sex/gender discussion has become an argument that has probably branched off the evolution debate. Devine intervention vs evolution. I feel like that was the main topic of debate was only 10 years ago. Now many, particularly the scientifically challenged, can't even fathom another point of scientific discussion because human nature is to freak out. It probably goes back to our time in the trees of Africa where our evolutionary ancestors were not apex predators and things were constantly trying to kill them. 

34 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

How to tell us you don't actually know that sex is not always a clear binary.

Yep!  Agreed, the more choices we present to kids the better.  Faith, sex, gender love, listening, prayer, age, marriage, etc.  There is nothing wrong with opening up discussions on topics that can be difficult.