1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, this is cool. Such an amazing idea. 

Anyone who voted for this guy ever should be so proud. 

We had kids stealing food at lunch; not because they can’t afford it.

Im 100% for  booking them on theft charges.  Same goes with vandalism.

But the latest kid was actually wearing a Trump sweatshirt.  I’m guessing he would never see the inside of a cell.

10 hours ago, funhusker said:

But the latest kid was actually wearing a Trump sweatshirt.  I’m guessing he would never see the inside of a cell.

And those are issues that the local police can easily take care of.  We have had vandalism at our school and the administration worked with the police to take care of it.

Meanwhile, king idiot wants to get the federal law enforcement agencies involved.  All while they want to get rid of the department of education because they want the federal government out of our schools.  So, they want the feds out of our schools, but then send in the feds to our schools.

And, this is the same DOJ that he thinks is so corrupt because they have treated him so mean.

Sounds about as logical as the blubbering idiot has ever been.

• Plus1 4
On 2/20/2023 at 9:48 PM, funhusker said:

Oh yeah!  We get the lunch theives too, like you said, not cause they don't have the money but because they like doing it. 

On 2/21/2023 at 6:36 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Meanwhile, king idiot wants to get the federal law enforcement agencies involved.  All while they want to get rid of the department of education because they want the federal government out of our schools.  So, they want the feds out of our schools, but then send in the feds to our schools.

And, this is the same DOJ that he thinks is so corrupt because they have treated him so mean.

Sounds about as logical as the blubbering idiot has ever been.

This what a second term Donald Trump administration would look like. He learned his lesson and would enlist a complete loyalty overhaul to use the DOJ and every government lever at his disposal to exert power. Never to build. Always to punish. Walls, not bridges. The Tough Hate approach. 

Ironic from the world's most pampered snowflake. Or maybe not. 

1 hour ago, nic said:

My kids have their first "woke" teacher for college level English comp and Literature classes. The conversations about her have been great.

This is an interesting new battleground.

Is it about kids feeling free to have opinions or ask questions at school that they'd be afraid to bring up to their parents? 

And parents demanding to know what their kids said and did at school that might be of an ideological bent? 

Is it about what teachers say and do outside of the curriculum, a slightly different story? 

Definitely cuts both ways. A story came out just yesterday of a Bay Area school teacher who has his students read an antisemitic conspiracy screed as part of WWII history and made apologies for Hitler periodically punctuated with a Nazi salute. Apparently it had been going on for a couple years before the kids convinced the school to intervene. The dude is still teaching while they review the case. 

A few years ago my friend's fifth grader came home from school wearing an NRA bracelet. They were handed out in class when an NRA spokesman came in to give a talk about guns. Those were the unwoke days when parents just shook their heads and let it slide. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Ulty said:

How exactly do you define "woke"?

Honestly, I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to this seemingly unanswerable question because when I told my Fox News swilling mom I was woke, she looked at me like I was Lucifer incarnate.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2