3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Because we wouldn't any woke diversity, equity, and inclusion programs tainting the world view of our youth.  How horrible would that be?

I am not sure what the DEI programs do. If it's about providing access to better education and opportunities for minorities great. If it's about dumming down the curriculum to a lower standard in the name of equity, forget it. If it's not merit based, I am not that interested. And when I say merit I don't mean they have to be a 4.0. If a kid goes from a failing student to a overall 3.0 because he was inspired by a teacher, coach, parent along the way, that is a great story. If this kid has put in the effort, by all means give them the reward and even more opportunity. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think proponents of eliminating federal funds in education would quickly regret that decision.  Especially in small towns!

Well….all those small town churches would step in and start schools that wouldn’t be so woke…..since that is ruining our children. And, all the teachers and children would be packing a bible in one hand and an AR15 in the other. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well….all those small town churches would step in and start schools that wouldn’t be so woke…..since that is ruining our children. And, all the teachers and children would be packing a bible in one hand and an AR15 in the other. 

And those churches would quickly realize how expensive it is to provide sports and other extra-curriculars.

Those folks working at Casey’s and Dollar General are going to get “woke” real quick!

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As a parent, I want to be aware of major issues going on in my kids lives and support and help them as they grow and develop.  In an ideal world, parents should be active and engaged.    Sadly we don't live in an ideal world and too many kids will be harmed, both emotionally and physically, by having their parents know.

• TBH 1