9 hours ago, NM11046 said:

You know what Furries are right?  It's like people who like Star Wars or Comic Books.  So I'm sure there are folks that consider themselves such in high school.  I don't believe that people consider "Trekies" a derogatory term so I can't see where anyone would think this is either.

Regarding Boldouc - he is a nut job. Even his own party won't sign on to this or his other crazy talk.  I live near NH and I feel pretty confident he won't come close to winning, though there are a lot of "Live Free Or Die/Don't Tread On Me" folks in the state.  This guy is even too crazy for them.  

I get so confused with your posts Nic, you come across as a curious, normal, eager to educate guy but then jump on conspiracies quickly.  CRT, Furries, Boston Lab Creates Killer Covid.  If you see something that seems a little crazy it's worth looking it up with some other sources isn't it?  Or is it your intent to just stir the pot?

I have been too quick to jump on a few items lately. 

I knew about Furries however for years....at least from my kids school. I asked my son yesterday what the Furries are like at his HS and he had a different definition than the one above.  He described it as a subculture within the school. They typically hang around within that group. They do not dress up like their animals at school, but they do outside of school at social events. They role play with other Furries and post videos of the role playing on Tik Tok and other platforms. They refer to their animal-selfs as their fursona (persona). One in his class was nicknamed Racoon. He typically wore grey and black clothing, wore makeup around his eyes to make himself look more like a racoon and had gloves with nails. My son knows of a cat, 3 wolves, the racoon and a fox in his grade alone. He said this group of kids tend talk and behave much younger than they really are. He mentioned they seem to purposefully talk in high pitched voices, for example.

I do not know Bouldoc at all. I do not follow the NH Hampshire races other than a curiosity on who will take the Senate and House. When I read this article I saw that his claims had been debunked (per CNN) and I thought that is not true because of what my kids told me. That is why I ask my kids of being a Furry was still a thing. He said lots of incoming Freshman, mostly girls are self-proclaimed Furries, but that the numbers dwindle as they get older. 

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, nic said:

I have been too quick to jump on a few items lately. 

I knew about Furries however for years....at least from my kids school. I asked my son yesterday what the Furries are like at his HS and he had a different definition than the one above.  He described it as a subculture within the school. They typically hang around within that group. They do not dress up like their animals at school, but they do outside of school at social events. They role play with other Furries and post videos of the role playing on Tik Tok and other platforms. They refer to their animal-selfs as their fursona (persona). One in his class was nicknamed Racoon. He typically wore grey and black clothing, wore makeup around his eyes to make himself look more like a racoon and had gloves with nails. My son knows of a cat, 3 wolves, the racoon and a fox in his grade alone. He said this group of kids tend talk and behave much younger than they really are. He mentioned they seem to purposefully talk in high pitched voices, for example.

I do not know Bouldoc at all. I do not follow the NH Hampshire races other than a curiosity on who will take the Senate and House. When I read this article I saw that his claims had been debunked (per CNN) and I thought that is not true because of what my kids told me. That is why I ask my kids of being a Furry was still a thing. He said lots of incoming Freshman, mostly girls are self-proclaimed Furries, but that the numbers dwindle as they get older. 

Kids are weird.  That isn’t new.

But no “furries” are using school issued litter boxes.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2
On 10/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, funhusker said:

Kids are weird.  That isn’t new.

But no “furries” are using school issued litter boxes.

I asked about that too, and whether they lick themselves in class....grooming in animal like ways has happened. I thought the claim was food dishes to eat out of? None of that is supplied by our school. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Every time I see the Furries brought up by Republicans it reminds me of the dire warnings they made to parents in the 1980s about letting their kids play D&D. Remember how that was going to turn everyone into Satan worshipers? 

It's the same logic, just modernized with the new in thing. It's no different than the frothing about fentanyl in Halloween candy. Just trying to stir up the base. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Every time I see the Furries brought up by Republicans it reminds me of the dire warnings they made to parents in the 1980s about letting their kids play D&D. Remember how that was going to turn everyone into Satan worshipers? 

It's the same logic, just modernized with the new in thing. It's no different than the frothing about fentanyl in Halloween candy. Just trying to stir up the base. 

no no...D&D was going to lead to mass suicides!

Heavy Metal was going to = devil worshipping!  

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

no no...D&D was going to lead to mass suicides!

Heavy Metal was going to = devil worshipping!  

They kind of both were both, depending on which hysteric mom group was being interviewed on the news. 

We've just gone from mom groups to republicans pushing the hysteria. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

It worked with CRT.  Ask Youngkin. This is another shot at education. In the case of furries, some of these kids might need some help or therapy.  claiming the school supports them eating out of dog dishes seems to be political embellishment.. 

• TBH 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:16 PM, nic said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/29/politics/kfile-republican-nominee-new-hampshire/index.html

There are Furries in my kids HS. They first encountered them their Freshman year. When this story came out I ask one of my son's (now seniors) if Furries was still a thing and he said there were more than when they started HS. I have no idea if Furries is considered a derogatory term or not. 

You do remember that you started this conversation, right?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

D&D just led to people being massive dorks. 

Or from the article I posted above…

“Now, as all nerds know, the most perfidious thing about Dungeons and Dragons is not that it drives you crazy and makes you see monsters, it's that it keeps you from getting laid.”

• Oh Yeah! 1