On 4/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, funhusker said:

Some kids were murdered at a school in TN the other day and politicians want to do nothing.

Ill worry about a most-likely college aged student getting a lap dance when it outnumbers the kids getting gunned down.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. The TN discussion was in the gun control thread. I commented over there. 

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, nic said:

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. The TN discussion was in the gun control thread. I commented over there. 

Is there any more context to the video you shared? Any other “news” sites pick up on it and actually show evidence of high school students receiving lap dances?

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, nic said:

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

Is there any more context to the video you shared? Any other “news” sites pick up on it and actually show evidence of high school students receiving lap dances?

Are we still talking about the link to the lap dance that some thought was at a HS where a 14-18 year old received a lap dance?

The article clearly claims this was a community college.  I doubt very seriously if the woman was 14-18 years old.

I received my first lap dance my second year in college.  I remember it well.  It was a Pecos Junction in Denver.  I'm pretty sure my life was not destroyed because of it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are we still talking about the link to the lap dance that some thought was at a HS where a 14-18 year old received a lap dance?

The article clearly claims this was a community college.  I doubt very seriously if the woman was 14-18 years old.

I received my first lap dance my second year in college.  I remember it well.  It was a Pecos Junction in Denver.  I'm pretty sure my life was not destroyed because of it.

Were you a young girl getting a lap dance from dude in drag pretending to be a girl at a school sponsored event? Maybe at a frat house? If that was your daughter, would you be laughing and cheering? Maybe the answer is yes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nic said:

Were you a young girl getting a lap dance from dude in drag pretending to be a girl at a school sponsored event? Maybe at a frat house? If that was your daughter, would you be laughing and cheering? Maybe the answer is yes.

I'm not BRB, but I would say  I would have a lot of questions about lap dances in general at high school (or lower school) sponsored events.  Doesn't matter who the dancer was nor the recipient.   Once learning the why, would then dictate the reaction.

13 minutes ago, sho said:

I'm not BRB, but I would say  I would have a lot of questions about lap dances in general at high school (or lower school) sponsored events.  Doesn't matter who the dancer was nor the recipient.   Once learning the why, would then dictate the reaction.

Except the event in question apparently happened in college.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Except the event in question apparently happened in college.

Yeah, that's why I prefaced it with HS or younger.  College, if they can sign up for war and die, they can be privy from a lap dance from whomever they choose.

23 minutes ago, sho said:

'Why' is a perfect question. I just talked with a college engineering professor. He said they are bracing for a bunch of pandemic kids to join the university with less than sufficient math skills. They are offering courses below college algebra to try and catch them up....the kicker is... they started down this road BEFORE the pandemic kids graduated. This is a legitimate issue to address. Why schools even care about drag queen events is mind boggling. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, nic said:

'Why' is a perfect question. I just talked with a college engineering professor. He said they are bracing for a bunch of pandemic kids to join the university with less than sufficient math skills. They are offering courses below college algebra to try and catch them up....the kicker is... they started down this road BEFORE the pandemic kids graduated. This is a legitimate issue to address. Why schools even care about drag queen events is mind boggling. 

Every college puts on parties for it's students, and every college celebrates diversity. Drag queen lap dances isn't really what I'd want my tuition spent on, but neither is having Milo Y or some other extreme right wing figure talking at my school.

1 hour ago, nic said:

1 hour ago, sho said:

It’s not high school. These are college age people. And, honestly, at that age my kids can do that if they so choose.  They are adults and make their own decisions. 

• TBH 1