41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s correct.  And I believe the CC has a high school on campus.  

So there's a high school on the same campus is quite a far cry from the original post that claimed a 14-18 yo was getting a lap dance:

On 4/1/2023 at 1:12 PM, nic said:

Drag queen at a school in North Carolina lap dancing on some teenage girl roughly 14 to 18 years old.  teachers and administrators cheering on. I have a daughter. Cheering would not be my reaction to this. 

https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/watch-drag-queen-appears-to-perform?sd=pf

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So there's a high school on the same campus is quite a far cry from the original post that claimed a 14-18 yo was getting a lap dance:

A new viral video shows a drag queen straddling a young girl during an LGBTQ pride event at a North Carolina school that enrolls students as young as 14.

A video obtained by Libs of TikTok showed multiple adults laughing and watching a drag performer appearing to give a lap dance to a student at Forsyth Technical Community College last Wednesday.

The public college has two on-campus high school programs that begin enrollment in ninth grade. Photos posted by the school’s official Instagram account showed drag queens posing with young girls.

from the yahoo link^^

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A new viral video shows a drag queen straddling a young girl during an LGBTQ pride event at a North Carolina school that enrolls students as young as 14.

A video obtained by Libs of TikTok showed multiple adults laughing and watching a drag performer appearing to give a lap dance to a student at Forsyth Technical Community College last Wednesday.

The public college has two on-campus high school programs that begin enrollment in ninth grade. Photos posted by the school’s official Instagram account showed drag queens posing with young girls.

from the yahoo link^^

You're even posting that the lap dance was given to a community college student, which is not what the originally poster claimed.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the community college also hosts two high schools on it's campus: the Adult High School (which is for adults not kids) and the Forsyth Middle College, which is actually a magnet high school for juniors and seniors.

If there's evidence for the age of the student getting the lap dance, then I'd like to see it, but seems like people are simply jumping to conclusions.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You're even posting that the lap dance was given to a community college student, which is not what the originally poster claimed.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the community college also hosts two high schools on it's campus: the Adult High School (which is for adults not kids) and the Forsyth Middle College, which is actually a magnet high school for juniors and seniors.

If there's evidence for the age of the student getting the lap dance, then I'd like to see it, but seems like people are simply jumping to conclusions.

The invites went out to students 14 and above.  That would be freshmen year for most 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The invites went out to students 14 and above.  That would be freshmen year for most 

There's no freshman year of high school on that campus that I can find. It's possible there's a 14 yo that's in their junior or senior year of high school or even in college though.

But if that's a concern for anyone as a parent - maybe don't send your kid to the magnet high school that's on a college campus.

• Plus1 1

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mom-confronts-school-district-11-year-old-changed-genders-knowledge

I think I would sue them.

"This policy that they have in place, to keep these situations a secret from the family, is incredibly damaging. It was extremely damaging in my case with my daughter. She was bullied and she didn't have the support that she needed from her family and, also, she was outed within the school with other people within the office knowing her new gender and pronouns that she didn't even tell them, and she had to go through those feelings of wondering how they even knew all on her own."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, nic said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mom-confronts-school-district-11-year-old-changed-genders-knowledge

I think I would sue them.

"This policy that they have in place, to keep these situations a secret from the family, is incredibly damaging. It was extremely damaging in my case with my daughter. She was bullied and she didn't have the support that she needed from her family and, also, she was outed within the school with other people within the office knowing her new gender and pronouns that she didn't even tell them, and she had to go through those feelings of wondering how they even knew all on her own."

This is interesting and it goes back to what I have said a billion times...your kids...they are LYING TO YOU...100% OF THE TIME.

If you think you son isn't vaping, you are a moron.  If you think your daughter isn't doing (fill in the blank), you are a dork.

They lie to you 100% of the time.  Stop blaming teacher or the school.  Just like you lied to your parents, your kids are as well.  

remember when you would "get dropped off at the mall" and then have 8 hours do do anything you wanted...

Or when you went "bowling" and that is why you smelled like smoke"

In the last 3 weeks do you know how many students I had that talked about prom and partying????  Am I supposed to call home on all of them?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
15 hours ago, teachercd said:

This is interesting and it goes back to what I have said a billion times...your kids...they are LYING TO YOU...100% OF THE TIME.

If you think you son isn't vaping, you are a moron.  If you think your daughter isn't doing (fill in the blank), you are a dork.

They lie to you 100% of the time.  Stop blaming teacher or the school.  Just like you lied to your parents, your kids are as well.  

remember when you would "get dropped off at the mall" and then have 8 hours do do anything you wanted...

Or when you went "bowling" and that is why you smelled like smoke"

In the last 3 weeks do you know how many students I had that talked about prom and partying????  Am I supposed to call home on all of them?

I only email home, or the office, on kids I don't like.

Am I alone?

• Haha 1