Sausage Dressing Pic

Roxy15

The recipe was posted on here a few days ago.  I used canned chicken broth instead of messing with bouillon and water.  This dressing is the only dressing I will make for Thanksgiving, it is great!

I am back to posting recipes when I think it’s worthy enough to post them in here.  I am getting stronger, but, am very lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep a night.  Last night I got 3 hours maybe.  I thought about getting some sleeping pills, but, I don’t want to get hooked on them!

Anyway, here is the picture.  I had already sliced into it before remembering to take a picture, but, it will give you an idea on what it looks like.   I hope everyone in here had a blessed Thanksgiving!  

024F9E41-77E0-4A0F-95CF-17D407F6083C.jpeg

• Plus1 1

Dressing is one of my weaknesses. I would post my wife’s recipe (which was her mom’s) but ain’t nobody got time for that. It is quite involved. I will say it is what I would call a gizzard recipe. It uses all the turkey innards, neck, tail, heart, everything plus another couple pounds of chicken gizzards, chicken thighs etc. It takes forever to make the soup, grind all the meat, tear up all the bread....but dang it’s good.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Dressing is one of my weaknesses. I would post my wife’s recipe (which was her mom’s) but ain’t nobody got time for that. It is quite involved. I will say it is what I would call a gizzard recipe. It uses all the turkey innards, neck, tail, heart, everything plus another couple pounds of chicken gizzards, chicken thighs etc. It takes forever to make the soup, grind all the meat, tear up all the bread....but dang it’s good.

That sounds exactly like the dressing my family made at Thanksgiving when I was growing up.